Poco X2 is the latest phone from Poco and it features the same specifications as Redmi K30. It is a mid budget phone which lets users experience a 120Hz refresh rate on Poco X2. The device packs with the 700 series processor and 6 cameras in total. Poco X2 runs on MIUI 11 based on Android 10 but as it comes with Ad it affects the user experience. In this case, you can use Xiaomi.eu ROM. Here you get to download TWRP for Poco X2 and how to install Xiaomi.eu ROM.
Xiaomi.eu ROM is basically the customized MIUI based ROM to deliver better performance. The ROM is completely ad-free and it also includes some additional features that provides better user experience. It also supports third-party themes that we can’t use on stock MIUI. Also that TWRP Recovery is now available which means we can easily install custom ROMs including Xiaomi.eu.
Redmi K30 shares the same specifications and so its TWRP Recovery and Xiaomi.eu ROM also work on Poco X2. The TWRP Recovery is tested on Poco X2 and it is working along with Xiaomi.eu. So let’s see how to download TWRP Recovery and install Xiaomi.eu ROM.
TWRP Recovery for Poco X2
There are many custom recoveries for Android phones but TWRP is the popular one and it is available for most of the device. And thanks to wzsx150 who is well known developer especially for Xiaomi phones. By default, all the phones have stock recovery but it only has basic options like format, install from sd card and few more. But with TWRP we get advance options like Storage partition, adb sideload, flashing custom ROM, and lot more. And to install Xiaomi.eu ROM you are going to need TWRP Recovery for your phone that you can download from the below section.
Download TWRP for Poco X2
If you want to try different custom ROMs on your Poco X2 then you need a custom recovery and what can be better then TWRP Recovery. TWRP brings many advanced features that will help you to restore your phone if the phone got in bootloop or stuck in the boot logo. All credit goes to the developer wzsx150 for TWRP recovery that you can download using the below given link.
- TWRP Recovery for Poco X2 – Download
After downloading the TWRP for your device, you need to flash it to replace the stock recovery. We have included the guide which will help you to install the recovery on your phone. But before you head to the step make sure to follow the requirements given below.
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked of your phone (Guide)
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your phone
- Take a full backup of your phone
Must Check | Download Google Camera 7.2 for Poco X2
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Poco X2
- After downloading the TWRP extract it on your computer.
- Open the extracted folder and copy the TWRP Recovery image to C:\adb location.
- Rename the copied recovery to recovery.img for convenience (recovery-TWRP-3.4.0B-0209-REDMI_K30-CN-wzsx150.img to recovery.img).
- Now turn off your phone and boot into Fastboot Mode. To boot press & hold Volume Down + Power button together until it boots into Fastboot Mode.
- When the Poco X2 is in Fastboot Mode connect it to your computer.
- Go to C:\adb, then press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here’.
- Now enter the below command to check if the device is connected, it will return some id if connected.
- If the device is connected, install the TWRP Recovery on Poco X2 by entering the below command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- The TWRP is now installed on your Poco X2. Now reboot into the system by using the below command.
- That’s it, now the Poco X2 will boot into the system.
So once you have installed the TWRP Recovery on your Poco X2, you are all set to flash the Xiaomi.eu ROM on your phone. If you are new to installing custom ROMs then find the below guide where you will learn how to install Xiaomi.eu ROM on Poco X2. Follow the below steps in case you want to use the clean and better ROM.
How to Install Xiaomi.eu ROM on Poco X2
The stable and developer build of Xiaomi.eu ROM is available for most of the Xiaomi phones including the Poco X2. You can download the latest Xiaomi.eu based on MIUI 11 directly from its official page or the project page. Let’s get into the steps to get Xiaomi.eu ROM on your phone.
- Visit this link and download the Xiaomi.eu ROM for your device (If Xiaomi.eu not directly available for Poco X2, then you can download Xiaomi.eu for Redmi K30 as both devices support the same).
- Download the ROM that is released after 10th Feb because it requires installation from recovery.
- Now copy the downloaded Xiaomi.eu ROM zip file on your phone.
- Turn off your phone after copying the ROM file.
- Now reboot your phone into Recovery. First press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together and release both buttons when the TWRP icon comes.
- When Poco X2 boots into TWRP Recovery, click on the Install option and then select the Xiaomi.eu ROM zip.
- Then swipe the slider to flash the Xiaomi.eu ROM on your Poco X2.
- After flashing go back to TWRP home then go to Wipe > Advance Wipe, select the cache and wipe cache.
- Now the Xiaomi.eu ROM is installed so reboot your phone to the system (go to Reboot > System).
When device boot into the system, set up your device and then you can experience Xiaomi.eu ROM based on MIUI 11 on your Poco X2. After using the Xiaomi.eu ROM you will definitely not going back to stock MIUI ROM. You will start noticing the difference from the beginning of using Xiaomi.eu. If the new version of the ROM is available then you can update by flashing the newer version without deleting any data.
So there you have it the complete guide on download TWRP Recovery for Poco X2 and how to install Xiaomi.eu ROM on Poco X2. In case if you want to experience stock Android like Pixel phones have then you can flash Pixel Experience ROM using the same method. If you have any questions on your mind then let us know in the comment section.