OnePlus 7 Pro is the latest flagship smartphone launched by OnePlus along with OnePlus 7. The development for OnePlus 7 Pro has already started and now you can root your phone and also you can install TWRP. But first you need to unlock bootloader for it, so here is how to unlock bootloader on OnePlus 7 Pro.
Some companies like Samsung, OnePlus, Xiaomi let users unlock bootloader. It is mandatory to unlock the bootloader if you want any type of modification like rooting, installing TWRP recovery, installing custom ROMs, and more. The process to unlock bootloader is very simple and you don’t need any tool for it.
How to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 7 Pro
To unlock bootloader you need to first follow the given prerequisites given below. Also, you should know that some phones in particular region come with locked SIM status (mainly T-Mobile). So for these phones first you need to call to T Mobile and say some reason like you have to be out of the country for more than a month and for that you need to unlock SIM. They will send you some sort of notification for it. And then you will be able to unlock the bootloader of your device.
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download & Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC
- Download & Install OnePlus USB Drivers
- Take a full backup of the phone as the process will delete all the data
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 7 Pro
- Download all the required tools & software and install on your PC.
- Open Settings on your device and go to About Phone.
- Tap on Build Number 7 times and it will display “You are now a developer”.
- Go back to Settings and this time go to System > Developer Options.
- In Developer Options, turn on enable OEM Unlocking. Also, turn on USB Debugging and Advanced Reboot.
- Long press the power button and select Bootloader to boot into bootloader/fastboot mode.
- Once you are in Bootloader mode connect the Phone to PC with a USB cable. Using original cable is recommended.
- Go to C:\adb location on PC. Press Shift and Right click (click on empty area) together and select “Open Command window here” or “Open PowerShell window here”.
- Enter the below command to check the device is connected or not (it will return some id if connected)
- Now enter the following command to unlock the bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
- After entering the previous command you will see an option screen on your phone. So select “Unlock the bootloader” (use volume buttons to toggle and power button to select).
- Now wait for the unlock process, the process will erase all your phone data.
- After boot, setup your device and now your OnePlus 7 Pro bootloader is unlocked.
So that’s it, now you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on OnePlus 7 Pro. It will allow you to modify your devices such as installing custom ROM/Recovery, rooting, installing themes and much more. The rooting method and an Unofficial TWRP is already available so unlock bootloader to follow these procedures.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 6.1 for OnePlus 6 & 6T
I hope the guide works for you and if you get any error during the process let us know in the comment section. We will reply with the solution.