OnePlus has started rolling out the Oxygen OS based Android Q Beta for new OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro. Recently, Google released the Android Q Beta officially for the over 21 smartphones. And one of them is the OnePlus 6/6T, now the company adds the latest flagship killer (OnePlus 7 & 7 Pro) in the list. With the update, you can get access to the new Android Q features. And here’s the step by step manual guide to download & update OnePlus 7 & 7 Pro Android Q Beta.
If you want to taste the Android Q on your OnePlus 7 or 7 Pro, then you need to download the developer’s preview firmware directly from the OnePlus servers. This means you can manually update your phone via local upgrade method. The company also released the kernel source code for OnePlus 7 Pro (via Github), while the source code for OnePlus 7 will be available soon. The update comes with the latest security patch and with some improvements.
The Oxygen OS based Android Q Beta is now available for download. You can access all the features of Android Q like the Dark Mode, 5G networks support (for working phones), Live Caption, Digital Wellbeing, Google Camera (Mod), Family Link, Direct reply from suggestions, new Gesture navigations, and more. The firmware for the update is size around 1.45 GB for OnePlus 7 and 1.47GB for OnePlus 7 Pro. But, sadly there are a bunch of bugs (we list them below) available in this update. After that, download the firmware and follow the installation process.
OnePlus 7 & 7 Pro Android Q Beta Update – Bugs List
- Ambient Display is not working
- System stability issues
- Cannot send SMS when VoLTE is on
- Navigation Gesture is not working
- Recovery Mode doesn’t work
- Some apps may not function as expected when running on this Developer preview release
- Issue with MTP that doesn’t allow you to copy rollback file from PC to Phone
Download OnePlus 7 (Pro) Android Q Beta Update
The download & installation process of Oxygen OS based Android Q beta is pretty simple for the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro. There’s no need to download the recovery ROM or flash. You can simply download the firmware from the OnePlus server and then update via local upgrade method. The update also brings the latest security patch. Also, follow the installation instructions carefully.
- Download OnePlus 7 Android Q Beta Update (Firmware Link)
- Download OnePlus 7 Pro Android Q Beta Update (Firmware Link)
You can also rollback to the stable Oxygen OS based Android Pie stable update on your OnePlus 7 (Pro).
- Download OnePlus 7 Android Q Beta Update to Pie (RollBack Firmware Link)
- Download OnePlus 7 Pro Android Q Beta Update to Pie (RollBack Firmware Link)
- Download the required firmware from the above link
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Take a full backup before you begin the process (The method will erase all the data)
How to Install OnePlus 7 (Pro) Android Q Beta Update
- Transfer or copy the downloaded package to the Phone memory outside of all folder.
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Go to System > System Updates. Click three dots on the top right and select Local Upgrade. Locate the package and select it.
- Click on Upgrade and wait for the completion.
- After the update click on Restart.
- Now phone will boot into Recovery Mode and format all users data. And then it will automatically reboot into system.
- Setup your device and enjoy Android Q Beta on OnePlus 7 & OnePlus 7 Pro.
After rebooting the phone, you can start using the Oxygen OS based Android Q beta on your Realme 2 Pro. That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera 6.2 APK for any Phone
If you’ve any doubt regarding the Android Q developers preview or the beta update for OnePlus 7 (Pro). Drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this post on social media with your friends!
More Related Articles: