Do you have a OnePlus 6T and want to Unlock Bootloader? If yes then this guide will help you to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 6T Smartphone with few simple steps. OnePlus 6T is one of the successful Android phones of the year 2018. And OnePlus is also a favourite brand of developers to work on. Recently OnePlus 6T have received official TWRP recovery which means you can easily root your phone. But before that, you have to unlock the Bootloader on OnePlus 6T.
Unlocking Bootloader opens the door to many advantages such as rooting phones, Installing Custom recoveries/ROMs, customizing phones, changing the partition system and much more. If you don’t know anything about bootloader then I will suggest not to unlock the bootloader. First get the full information like what are its drawbacks and what are its benefits.
Benefits of Unlocking Bootloader
- Rooting Android Device
- Installing Custom ROMs
- Installing Custom Recoveries
- Remove Bloatware
- Change system settings
- Block Ads on the whole device
- Always updated to latest Android version
- Customize phones
- Increase device performance
Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 6T
There are few things to be done before you can unlock bootloader which I will list below. Also be aware that unlocking bootloader will completely wipe the device. This method will not work with OnePlus 6T bought from T Mobile.
- Take a full backup (Apps data, system data, internal storage)
- Install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on PC
Note: This method will also work with OnePlus 6T McLaren edition.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 6T
- Open “Settings” on your OnePlus 6T phone.
- Then go to “About Phone” in settings.
- Keep pressing on “Build Number” until it says you are now a developer.
- Again Go back to Main settings and open “System > Developer Options”.
- In Developer Options turn on USB Debugging and Enable OEM Unlock.
- Connect your Phone with PC via USB.
- In phone allow USB debugging in a Pop-up.
- Then Go to C://adb location on your Windows PC.
- There press and hold shift and right click on an empty area.
- Now select “Open PowerShell window here” or “Open CMD window here”.
- Type “adb devices” and press enter to check the device are connected or not.
- If it shows an ID then your device is connected and then type the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Wait for the device to boot into bootloader and then type:
fastboot oem unlock
- Now in the phone screen select unlock the bootloader using volume buttons and then press the power button.
- Now the device will fully reset and now the Bootloader is unlocked on OnePlus 6T.
Setup your device and enjoy the unlocked OnePlus 6T. After this, you can install TWRP recovery and Root your device using Magisk Zip. And then you can also try your favourite custom ROM on your OnePlus 6T.
Related to Bootloader:
- How to Unlock Bootloader and Root Google Pixel 3/Pixel 3 XL
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Note 5 Pro
So this was a quick guide on how to unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 6T. I hope you found this tutorial helpful and also check out rooting tutorials and how to guides on our site.