The Realme X is one of the best phones which comes with pop up selfie camera, In-display fingerprint, bezel-less display, glass back, Snapdragon 710 AIE and more. The performance of the device is good and you can also further increase the performance by rooting the device and manually tweaking. Here we will share how to root Realme X.
Realme X is a popular phone and the development team has already started working on custom ROMs, custom Recovery and more. In fact, the unofficial TWRP Recovery is already available. This means now rooting the Realme X is very easy. Although here we will share two different methods with you. Both the methods require Magisk which is the only reliable source for systemless root.
Further, in this guide you will get to know the advantages of rooting which will help you to understand why you need to root your Realme X. Realme X is a powerful phone and packs with trending design and most of all it comes at a budget price. You can easily enable the full camera2api feature on your phone once you root your phone. And then you will be able to install Manual Cameras like Google Camera for improved photography. Now let’s understand more about the root.
What is Root?
Rooting any phone gives access to the Root of the operating system on which phone is running. It means you will have the full control over all the system files and you can change it accordingly whenever you want. It opens a portal for system-level customization.
Advantages of Root
- Full control over the operating system of your phone
- All the apps that require root access will start working
- Easy tweaks to increase performance manually
- Uninstall unnecessary preinstalled apps (bloatware)
- Easy full backup and restore
- Blocks annoying ads from all the apps (requires Adblocker)
- Better battery life and system performance
Note: Many users think that installing custom ROMs or Recovery requires root access which is not true at all. You just have to unlock bootloader to install custom ROMs & Recoveries on your phone.
Disadvantages of Root
- Following the wrong method could brick your device
- Rooting will void the warranty of the phone
- The device will not get any official OTA updates after rooting
How to Root Realme X
Now you know both the advantages and disadvantages of Rooting. So if you think you can use your phone despite the given disadvantages then follow the root guide given below and root Realme X. But first, collect all the required tools and files from the prerequisite section.
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked
- Make sure OEM unlocking is enabled
- Install latest Magisk Manager App on the phone
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC
- Take a full backup of your phone (To restore if anything goes wrong)
- Download Boot.img for the version that is installed on your phone
Root Realme X without TWRP Recovery [Method 1]
- Make sure to download boot.img for the same version on which your phone is running. If you don’t find the boot.img containing the same version then first download the firmware (same version) and then extract the boot.img.
- Once you have the boot.img transfer it to phone storage (remember the location).
- Open the Magisk Manager on your Realme X.
- In Magisk Manager click on Install > Install > Select and Patch a File. Locate the boot.img and wait for patching.
- After patching the magisk_patched.img file will be saved in Download Folder. Copy the magisk_patched.img to PC (C:\adb). Also rename it to boot.img (magisk_patched.img to boot.img).
- Boot your Realme X into Fastboot Mode (guide here). While in Fastboot Mode connect the phone to PC using a USB cable.
- In C:\adb location press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open PowerShell window here’ or ‘Open Command window here’.
- Now in PowerShell/Command window enter the below commands one by one
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- The phone will reboot into the system. The open Magisk Manager and follow the steps if it asks otherwise, you are good to go.
- Now your Realme X is rooted successfully.
Root Realme X with TWRP Recovery [Method 2]
- Download latest Magisk Zip & APK.
- Make sure that TWRP Recovery or another custom Recovery is installed (If not follow this guide).
- Copy the Magisk Zip & APK on your Realme X.
- Power off your device.
- Press & hold Volume Up + Power button together.
- When TWRP icon appears, release the buttons.
- In TWRP Recovery go to Install.
- Locate and select the Magisk Zip and flash the file to root your Realme X.
- After flashing the Magisk Reboot into the system.
- Now install the Magisk APK to manage root access on your Realme X.
These are the two different methods to root Realme X with Magisk. After rooting your phone you can use all the apps that ask for root access like Titanium Backup, Root explorer and more. If you know about Root then rooting will make your phone easier to use. You will have access to all the files and settings that come in the phone. It also lets users edit build.prop file. So these are some advantages that rooting will provide.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 6.1 for Realme X
If you are unable to root or any method is not working then let us know by writing a comment down below. We will provide the solution quickly. For more Realme X guides keep visiting YTECHB and enjoy.