The A series from Xiaomi is quite popular because of AndroidOne and best camera under a budget price. And the latest phone in A series is Mi A3 which comes with triple rear camera setup for ultimate photography. Although you can further increase the performance of your phone by rooting. Here you will know how to root Mi A3.
Mi A3 is similar to Mi CC9 in terms of design, camera, memory, and storage. We can say that Mi CC9 is modified further and released outside of China. Recently Mi A3 launched in India to add in the A-series lineup. Rooting any phone with a custom recovery is quite easy but as of now custom recovery like TWRP is not available for Mi A3. So in this, you can follow the below method to root Mi A3. The method still requires Magisk to root the phone.
The Mi A3 comes with triple rear camera setup of 48MP+8MP+2MP sensors and at the front, it has 32-megapixel selfie camera. It means you can take amazing photos with the phone. And even you can use the Google Camera but if you find the Google Camera function limited then rooting Mi A3 will enable all of its functions. It is easy to root Mi A3 with Magisk, you need to just follow the guide given below. But first, you should know everything about Root.
What is Root?
Rooting any phone gives access to the Root of the operating system on which phone is running. It means you will have the full control over all the system files and you can change it accordingly whenever you want. It opens a portal for system-level customization.
Advantages of Root
- Full control over the operating system of your phone
- All the apps that require root access will start working
- Easy tweaks to increase performance manually
- Uninstall unnecessary preinstalled apps (bloatware)
- Easy full backup and restore
- Blocks annoying ads from all the apps (requires Adblocker)
- Better battery life and system performance
Note: Many users think that installing custom ROMs or Recovery requires root access which is not true at all. You just have to unlock bootloader to install custom ROMs & Recoveries on your phone.
Disadvantages of Root
- Following the wrong method could brick your device
- Rooting will void the warranty of the phone
- The device will not get any official OTA updates after rooting
How to Root Mi A3
Now you know both the advantages and disadvantages of Rooting. So if you think you can use your phone despite these disadvantages then follow the root guide given below and root Mi A3. But first, collect all the required tools and files from the prerequisite section.
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked (Follow this guide)
- Make sure OEM unlocking is enabled
- Install latest Magisk Manager App on the phone
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC
- Take a full backup of your phone (To restore if anything goes wrong)
- Download Boot.img for the version that is installed on your phone
Steps to Root Xiaomi Mi A3
- Make sure to download boot.img for the same version on which your phone is running. If you don’t find the boot.img containing the same version then first download the firmware (same version) and then extract the boot.img.
- Once you have the boot.img transfer it to phone storage (remember the location).
- Open the Magisk Manager on your Mi A3.
- In Magisk Manager click on Install > Install > Select and Patch a File. Locate the boot.img and wait for patching.
- After patching the magisk_patched.img file will be saved in Download Folder. Copy the magisk_patched.img to PC (C:\adb). Also rename it to boot.img (magisk_patched.img to boot.img).
- Boot your Mi A3 into Fastboot Mode (guide here). While in Fastboot Mode connect the phone to PC using a USB cable.
- In C:\adb location press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open PowerShell window here’ or ‘Open Command window here’.
- Now in PowerShell/Command window enter the below commands one by one
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- The phone will reboot into the system. The open Magisk Manager and follow the steps if it asks otherwise, you are good to go.
- Now your Mi A3 is rooted successfully.
So there you have it the complete guide on how to root Mi A3 with Magisk. After rooting you can easily edit build.prop file and all the apps that require root access will be supported. If you get any error while rooting the Mi A3, let us know about the error in the comment section and we will reply with a solution.
That’s all for the Mi A3 root guide, Enjoy.