Xiaomi launched Mi CC9 & Mi CC9e smartphones back in July 2019 with an attractive design and promising features. So if you already have the device and looking for bootloader unlocking method then this is the place where you get the guide. Here you will know how to unlock bootloader on Mi CC9 & Mi CC9e. In this guide, you will also get to know the method to boot Mi CC9 into Fastboot Mode.
Both Mi CC9 & CC9e shares the same method to unlock bootloader. So there is a step by step guide below which you can follow to unlock bootloader of Mi CC9 & CC9e. Mi CC9 & CC9e delivers great performance, but if you want to customize the phone according to yourself to increase performance then first you have to unlock its bootloader. Xiaomi phones have a different method to unlock bootloader which requires the phone to be in Fastboot mode. So to unlock bootloader first you have to boot Mi CC9 into Fastboot Mode.
By default, all the phones come with bootloader locked which is used to protect the phone information during the situation like theft. So if you do not care about these things and looking for testing various ROMs then the below guide will help you to unlock bootloader on Mi CC9 & CC9e. Unlocking bootloader has many advantages but there are also some disadvantages. After unlocking bootloader you will be able to flash custom recovery & custom ROMs on your phone. Below there is a short detail of both phones that you can skip if you want.
Mi CC9 & CC9e – Details
The Mi CC9 features a 6.39-inch Super AMOLED FHD+ (1080 x 2340 pixels) display & Mi CC9e has 6.01-inch Super AMOLED HD+ (720×1560) display. Both come with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on top. It runs on MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie out of the box. Mi CC9 powered with Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 chipset with integrated Adreno 616 GPU. Whereas the Mi CC9e powered with Snapdragon 665 & Adreno 610 GPU. Mi CC9 packs with 6GB/8GB RAM and 64GB/128GB/256GB storage option. And Mi CC9e come with 4GB/6GB RAM options and 64GB/128GB storage options.
Talking about camera both devices have a triple rear camera setup at back with 48MP + 8MP + 2MP sensors. And at the front, it has a pop-up selfie camera of a 32-megapixel sensor. Mi CC9 & CC9e boasts a 4030mAh battery and also supports fast charging. Now let’s see how we can boot Mi CC9 into Fastboot Mode and then guide to unlock bootloader.
How to Boot Mi CC9 & CC9e into Fastboot Mode
You can boot any device to Fastboot mode with more than one methods. Here we will share two methods. So follow up any method that’s easy for you.
- First, turn off your phone completely.
- Then long press Volume Down + Power button together.
- After Fastboot Mode appears on the screen, release both buttons.
- Now your device is successfully in the Fastboot mode.
- Open Settings on your Mi CC9.
- In Settings, go to About Phone and tap 7 times on MIUI Version.
- Now go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- In Developer options, enable USB Debugging.
- Connect the phone to PC using a USB cable.
- Open Command window or CMD on PC.
- Enter the below commands on one by one, also select yes after first command
adb reboot bootloader
- Now the device will boot to Fastboot Mode.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Mi CC9 & CC9e
If you are thinking about modifications like rooting, installing TWRP Recovery then you need to Unlock Bootloader first. So follow this step by step guide to unlock Bootloader of Mi CC9.
Note: Unlocking Bootloader will erase all the data so make sure to take a full backup before the process.
Step 1: Link Mi Account
- Open Settings on the phone and go to Mi Account.
- Login with any old or new Mi Account (Old is preferred).
- After login, again go to Mi Account and then Mi Cloud.
- Enable Sync and turn on Find device in Mi Cloud.
- Sync all items once, you can exclude Gallery & Recorder.
- Now go to Settings > About Phone and tap 7 times on MIUI Version.
- Go to Additional Settings > Developer Options and enable OEM Unlocking.
- Connect to the Internet using the Mobile data of the same number linked to your Mi Account.
- Select Mi Unlock Status and click on Add Account. It will connect/link the Mi Account and give a success message.
Step 2: Unlock Bootloader
- Make sure you have an active internet connection while performing this process.
- Download Mi Unlock Tool from here.
- Open Mi Unlock Tool and login with the same account.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC.
- Boot your Mi CC9 or CC9e to Fastboot Mode from the above guide.
- Connect your Phone to PC using a USB cable.
- The Mi Unlock Tool will detect your phone and then click on Unlock Now.
- It will check if your device is eligible to unlock and then unlock the bootloader. Sometimes it shows waiting time before unlocking so just wait and try after the specified time. Also, remember not to log out of Mi Account in the device.
- After erasing all the data setup your device and enjoy.
Now you can easily install TWRP Recovery, root your Mi CC9 and More. If you get any error then comment and we will reply with the solution.