We all love the dark mode in Android phones and everyone wants this feature on their phones. Many Xiaomi phones already have this feature but some do not which include Poco F1. So if you are waiting for this feature to arrive on your phone then you don’t have to wait any longer. Here’s how to enable dark mode on MIUI 10 running phones like Poco F1.
The system-wide dark mode is very helpful in many ways such as it saves battery & eyes and also looks great. So in every way, it is a good feature that all phones should have it by default. We already have shared the definitive guide to enable dark mode on Android Phones. But here’s is the easy method to get System-wide dark mode on Poco F1 & other Xiaomi phones. Thanks to TrippyEngine (XDA senior member) to figure out the method.
Poco F1 & few other Xiaomi phones (without dark mode) may get the official dark mode feature in the next few updates. Obviously, not all the Xiaomi phones will get this feature. This is an easy guide and it will work for Xiaomi phones running on MIUI 10. Let’s start with the guide to enable system-wide dark mode.
How to Enable Dark Mode on MIUI 10 (Xiaomi Phones)
Using this guide will enable dark mode on all the supported system apps and third-party apps. Also, you can reverse to the light mode whenever you want, so it’s a flexible method that will give you the dark mode feature. Make sure to read the note and prerequisites before you begin the step by step guide.
Note: This guide is only for Xiaomi phones running on MIUI. So do not try this guide on other phones. Otherwise, it may brick your phone or you will lose your phone’s data.
1. Turn on Developer Options
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Go to About Phone in settings.
- Now tap 7 times on MIUI version.
- It will show a popup ‘Now you are a developer’.
2. Enable USB Debugging
- Open Settings on your Xiaomi phone.
- Go to Additional settings and there you will see Developer Options.
- Open Developer Options and look for USB debugging.
- Now enable the USB Debugging and follow the next method.
3. Enable Dark Mode
- Connect your phone to PC using a USB Cable.
- In PC, click on Start (Windows) icon and search CMD.
- Open the Command Prompt application that appears after the search.
- Enter the below command to revoke the debugging
- After entering the above command a permission screen will pop up on phone, Allow it.
- Now enter the below command to enable dark mode on Xiaomi phones.
adb shell settings put secure ui_night_mode 2
- Enter the below command if you want to automatic switch between dark & light mode in night & day respectively
adb shell settings put secure ui_night_mode 0
- The above command will enable the system-wide dark mode on your Xiaomi phone. Just reboot your phone and enjoy.
This method will enable the dark mode but in case if you change your mind and want to go back to the original state then you can similarly disable the dark mode using a command.
How to Disable Dark Mode on Xiaomi Phones
If by any reason you want to disable or turn off the dark mode on your phone then you can simply use the below command. It will disable it instantly just like during the process to enable it.
Disable using the command:
adb shell settings put secure ui_night_mode 1
After following this guide you don’t have to wait for updates to bring dark mode features. There are already many phones that have the Dark Mode option. But if not then you can follow this guide and enjoy the dark mode feature.
So this was the guide on how to enable dark mode on MIUI 10 phones. This guide may or may not work on other MIUI versions. I hope this guide works for you and if you have any points to add then use the comment section below.