The Amazon Fire TV device is a great streaming device, especially for those who have recently cut the cord to their cable network. Because we live in a world where the majority of the content is being consumed online, it only makes sense to make use of such services. With the Amazon Fire TV, you make watch a ton of free as well as paid content, and you also get the ability to install Android apps by sideloading them. This works best when a particular app is not available on the Amazon App Store or for that matter even in your region. But, what if you do not want to sideload the particular app? In this case, the ability to screen mirror comes in super handy. Today we will be taking a look at how to screen mirror iPhone to Amazon Fire TV.
Screen mirroring is a simple and easy way to share images, documents, and even video from your mobile phone to any display. Whether you have an Amazon Fire TV Stick, Amazon Fire TV, or even the Fire TV streaming box, you can make use of screen mirroring right away. This is a good feature as it requires things that are already available in your house and best of all, it works wirelessly. So, if you are someone that wants to know how to screen mirror from your iPhone to an Amazon Fire TV device, this is the guide for you.
How to Mirror iPhone to Amazon Fire TV
Now, before we begin this process you need to identify if your Amazon Fire TV device has apple AirPlay 2 built-in. Some devices get this feature after a particular software update has been released for the device. Now, even if your particular Amazon Fire TV device doesn’t have Apple AirPlay installed, you will still be able to screen mirror your iPhone to the Amazon Fire TV Device.
Screen Mirror to Devices With Apple AirPlay 2
- To screen mirror from an iPhone to an Apple AirPlay-enabled Amazon device, connect both devices to the same WiFi network.
- Now grab the Remote for your Amazon Fire TV device.
- Navigate to the Settings icon that is at the right corner of the screen.
- With the Settings page open, select Display and Sounds.
- Now, you will need to select the Apple AirPlay and HomeKit option.
- Now switch the Apple AirPlay toggle to on.
- Next, you would want to open up the Control Center on your iPhone.
- This can be achieved by swiping down from the top right corner.
- Tap on the screen mirroring tile. Your iPhone will now begin to search for Apple AirPlay-enabled displays that are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Once you see your Amazon Fire TV in the list, tap on it.
- The Fire TV will now display a code. This code needs to be neutered on your iPhone.
- With the code entered you will now be able to screen mirror your iPhone’s display to the Amazon Fire TV app.
Screen Mirror to Devices That Don’t Have Apple AirPlay 2
Now, what do you do if your Amazon Fire TV Device doesn’t have Apple AirPlay 2? Does it mean that you will not be able to screen mirror your iPhone to the Amazon Fire TV? You will still be able to screen mirror your iPhone to the Amazon Fire TV device, but by using a third-party app.
- First, you will need to connect your iPhone and the Amazon Fire TV to the same WiFi network.
- Next, you need to install the AirScreen app on your Amazon Fire TV.
- Launch the AirScreen app on your Amazon Fire TV. It will display a QR code.
- Now, open the Camera app on your iPhone and scan the QR Code.
- Open the Control Center on your iPhone and tap on Screen Mirroring.
- You will now find the Fire in the list. Tap on it.
- The iPhone will now be able to screen mirror to your Amazon Fire TV right away.
And this is how you can screen mirror your iPhone to the Amazon Fire TV wirelessly. You also need to understand that this works best when you need to share images, videos, or even documents to a bigger screen. In order to stream content from apps, you need to make use of the inbuilt cast option.
More Related Articles: