The Amazon Fire TV Stick is a great device that you can use to stream your favorite TV shows and movies. The Fire Stick is a device that is not expensive and easily connects to any TV that has an HDMI input port. Now, with every Fire TV Stick that you purchase, you get a Fire TV Stick remote. Now, as it is with TV remotes, they can sometimes, get damaged, and have some problems like the buttons getting jammed or the device not pairing with your Fire TV Stick. Here you can check how to pair a new Fire TV Stick remote without old remote.
So, the only sensible option would be to replace your Fire TV Stick remote. But, the question in your head would be, how do you pair a new Fire TV Stick remote to your existing Fire TV Stick device? Well, the answer to that question lies right in this guide. So, go ahead and read through this guide to know how you can pair a new Fire TV Stick remote without the older non-functioning Fire TV Stick remote.
There are a few things you will require to get started on how you can pair the new Fire TV Stick remote without the older remote.
- New Fire TV Stick remote.
- WiFi Network
- Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Android or iOS device
- Amazon Fire TV app
How to pair new Fire TV Stick remote without old remote
- First off, download the Amazon Fire TV app on your Android or iOS device. The app is free to download.
- Now, launch the Amazon Fire TV app on your mobile device.
- Makes sure to sign in with the same Amazon account you have used to sign in to your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Also, ensure that your mobile device and your Fire TV Stick are connected to the same WiFi network.
- If you will be using the app for the first time, select your Amazon Fire TV Stick device on the screen.
- You will now be able to use the app as a remote.
- But, if you want to use the dedicated replacement remote for your Fire TV Stick, open the Settings menu on the app.
- Now, select Controllers and Bluetooth devices.
- Under that, select Amazon Fire TV Remotes.
- Tap on Add New Remote and simply select the remote that you want to pair to your Fire TV Stick.
- On the replacement remote, all you need to do is press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds. Your FireTV Stick will detect the new remote and pair it with the remote right away.
And this is how you can pair a replacement Fire TV Stick remote to your Fire TV Stick without the need for the older Fire TV Stick remote. The process is simple and very easy. If you simply fail to get a replacement remote for your particular Fire TV Stick, you can use the free mobile app as your remote for the Fire TV Stick. If you have any queries or doubts, feel free to leave them in the comments below.