Screen Mirroring is a great feature that can be used with any modern-day Smart TV. It’s a feature that lets you mirror your phone’s screen to the TV. You can mirror out documents, presentations, images, audio, and video as well. Since LG Smart TVs have a nice vibrant display, it makes perfect sense to be using the TV as a presentation screen as well. Screen mirroring is a great way to wirelessly project content and helps to avoid using any adaptors or cables. Today we’ll be looking at how to mirror iPhone to LG TV both webOS and RokuOS models.
Now, LG manufactures TVs with their in-house WebOS instead of the usual Android TV OS by Google. To be able to mirror an iPhone to these TVs, you’ll have to ensure that it has Apple AirPlay support. Because without it it’s not possible to mirror an iPhone to the LG Smart TV. With that being said, let’s take a look at the list of LG Smart TVs that have Apple AirPlay and also look at how to mirror iPhone to LG Smart TV.
Mirror iPhone to LG Smart TV
- An Apple AirPlay supported Smart TV
- Original LG TV remote
- Wi-Fi network
- An iPhone
AirPlay Compatible LG Smart TVs List
- LG NanoCell Nano 99, 97, 95, 90, 85, 80 series (2020)
- LG NanoCell SM99, SM95, SM90, SM86, SM81 series (2019)
- LG OLED B8, C8, G8, E8, R9, Z9, W9, E9, C9, B9, RX, ZX, WX, GX, CX, BX series (2018, 2019, 2020)
- LG SuperUHD SK 9, 8 series (2018)
- LG UHD UK 62 series or above, UK 7 series (2018)
- LG UHD UM 7, 6 series (2019)
- LG UHD UN 71 series or above (2020)
- LG UHD UN 8 series (2020)
How to Mirror iPhone to LG WebOS Smart TV
- Power on your LG WebOS Smart TV.
- Make sure that your iPhone, as well as your LG Smart TV, is connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Using the LG Smart TVs remote press the gear icon that opens up the Settings menu.
- Here you can head over to the network and check if the TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now, press the home button on your LG TV remote. This will bring out the LG menu at the bottom of your screen.
- Navigate all the way to the Home Dashboard that has the home icon on it.
- Press the up button on your remote o enter the home dashboard.
- Scroll towards the right to where you see AirPlay and select it.
- You will now see your LG TVs name on the screen. Press the enter or OK button.
- Make sure that the AirPlay feature on your TV is turned on.
- You can change the code settings here as well.
- Take your iPhone and open up the Control Center.
- Tap on the tile that says Screen Mirroring.
- It will now look for AirPlay-enabled devices. When you find your TV tap on it.
- The TV will now display a code. Enter the code on your iPhone and you should now be good and ready to go.
How to Mirror iPhone to LG Roku TV
If you have an LG Smart TV that either came with RokuOS built-in or you have a Roku Stick connected to the HDMI input port of your TV, this is how you can mirror your iPhone to the Roku TV.
- Make sure that your Roku TV is running the latest version of Roku OS. It should be RokuOS 9 or better. The same applies to Roku Stick. However, most modern ones have AirPlay-enabled right away.
- Ensure that your Roku and iPhone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- With the AirPlay-enabled Roku device connected to the same Wi-Fi, it’s time to connect the iPhone to the Roku device.
- Open the Control Center on your iPhone and tap on the Screen Mirroring tile.
- It will show off a list of available AirPlay devices on the network.
- Select your Roku device. You will be asked to enter a code.
- Copy the code to your iPhone that is displayed on the screen of the Roku device.
- With the code now entered, you can now screen mirror your iPhone to the LG Roku TV right away.
And in such simple ways, you can now screen mirror your iPhone to the LG Smart TV. However, you will want to make sure about the Roku LG TV. Because the older ones might not have AirPlay or not be updated to the latest version, you might have to use a Roku Stick or maybe a Roku Streaming box connected to the LG Smart TV.
You May Also Like – How to Cast to LG Smart TV
If you still have any query, then leave it in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: