Amazon Fire TVs are great. You get to watch all the popular streaming content right away. Whether you use a Fire TV Stick or the Amazon Fire TV itself. There are plenty of free as well as paid streaming apps for you to enjoy your content. Now apart from just having a good TV screen display, some love to have a good audio experience. Whether it is in the form of surround audio, 3D effects, or even Dolby Atmos, audio is equally important, especially when watching movies or listening to music. Today we’ll be talking about how to connect Amazon Fire TV Stick to surround sound system.
Sure you could make use of regular speakers and feel good about it. But, what lacks in regular speakers is the audio quality as well as the surround sound effects that make the viewing experience very immersive. To experience this, you’ll need to have a good speaker set that has been set up perfectly in the room where you’d be watching your movies. So, if you’ve got the right setup and equipment, here is a guide on how to connect your Amazon Fire TV Stick to the surround sound system.
- Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Hi-speed HDMI Cables
- Surround sound system with hi-speed HDMI ports.
- ARC Cable
Steps to Connect Fire TV Stick to Surround Sound Receiver
If you have the Amazon Fire TV Stick and want to connect it to the surround system, follow these steps.
- First, plug-in one end of the ARC cable into the TV that you will be using.
- Now, plug the other end of the ARC cable into your surround sound receiver.
- Next, plug on the Amazon Fire TV Stick into the HDMI port of your Surround System receiver.
- If the Fire TV Stick is blocking other ports or won’t fit perfectly, make use of the HDMI extender cable that came with it.
- Power up the surround sound and the TV that you use with the Fire TV Stick.
- Do not forget to connect the Fire TV Stick to its power source.
- Now, on your surround sound receiver, make sure to set the surround sound decoder to automatic.
- This adjustment is done so that you will be able to hear the audio output from your surround sound speaker system.
- Now grab the remote for your Amazon Fire TV Stick remote and select the Settings option n the home screen.
- Now, navigate over to the Display and Sound settings. Make sure to select the option.
- Scroll a bit down till you find the Audio sub-option. Select it.
- Here you can choose the audio output.
- The options you have are Best Available, Dolby Digital Plus, or Dolby Digital.
- Select the one that your surround receiver works perfectly with.
- If you do not know it, simply select the best available option. You can also see options with Dolby Digital over HDMI if your Fire TV Stick supports it.
- Once you have set it up perfectly, simply stream the show or music and enjoy the audio from your surround sound system.
So there you have it. A step-by-step guide that you can follow on how to connect your Amazon Fire TV Stick to the Surround Sound receiver to have a great audio experience. If you have any questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments below. Note that if you have a TV that has Amazon Fire TV OS built right into it, then, you can simply connect the ARC Cable to the Surround sound receiver and adjust the settings as mentioned in the steps above.
More Related Articles: