While you can use the smart TV to watch all of your favorite movies and shows, do you know that you could mirror your mobile device’s screen to it? Well yes, you can! With the Insignia Fire TV, there is a feature called screen mirroring. Now, with this feature, you will be able to display your phone’s screen to the TV wirelessly. You can show off documents, presentations, or even images to the bigger screen. Here is a guide on how to screen mirror your mobile device to the Insignia Fire TV.
Before we get into screen mirroring, you need to understand that casting and screen mirroring are two different things. When you make use of the Cast feature, you can only mirror the streaming service app. With screen, mirroring you can replicate the whole phone’s screen on your Smart TV but not be able to play content from streaming services like Netflix, Amazon, etc. So, let’s take a look right away at how to screen mirror your mobile phone to the Insignia Fire TV.
How to Screen Mirror from Android to Insignia Fire TV
- Connect your Android device and your Insignia Fire TV to the same Wifi network.
- Now, grab the TV remote for your Insignia Fire TV.
- Next, you need to press and hold the Home button.
- A menu screen should now appear. You should be able to see the Mirroring icon.
- On your Android device search for the Screen Mirror, Wireless display, Cast, or Smart View option.
- Once you find it, tap on it.
- Your Android device will now begin to look for wireless displays on the network.
- Once your Insignia Fire TV shows up, select it.
- You can now screen mirror your way onto the Fire TV.
How to Mirror iPhone to Insignia Fire TV
- Connect the Fire TV and your iOS device to the same wifi network.
- If you have the 2020 or newer Insignia Fire TV then do the following.
- On your Fire TVs home screen, navigate and select the Settings icon on the right.
- Now, select Display and Sounds and scroll down to select the Apple AirPlay and HomeKit option.
- Select the AirPlay option to turn the feature on.
- Now, open the Control Center on your iOS device and tap on the Screen Mirroring option.
- The iOS device will begin to search for wireless AirPlay-enabled displays.
- Select your Fire TV from the list.
- It will ask you to enter a code.
- Once the code has been entered, you can now screen mirror to the Insignia Fire TV right away.
How to Screen Mirror on older Insignia Fire TVs
While all the steps are the same, you would have to download the AirScreen app on your Fire TV. Once the app has been downloaded launch it on your Fire TV, launch it. Now, on your iOS device, scar the barcode. It will be connected. All you need to do is launch the Control Center, and tap on Screen Mirroring. Once you have got that done, you can screen mirror your iOS device to the Insignia Fire TV right away.
And this is how you can screen mirror your mobile device to the Insignia Fire TV. The process is simple and should take you less than 2 minutes to set up and screen mirror right away. We hope this guide has helped you understand how to screen mirror to an Insignia Fire TV, If you have any queries, feel free to drop them in the comments below.
More Related Articles:
1 thought on “How to Screen Mirror on Insignia Fire TV [from Android or iPhone]”
Thanks so much!