Screen mirroring is a great way to mirror your device’s display to the big screen TV or wireless projector. You can mirror the screen to show images or documents or for that matter almost anything and everything on your mobile device. Today we will be looking at how to screen mirror iPhone to Samsung smart TV.
There are different ways to get this done and we will be mentioning all of the ways so that you always have the option to choose whichever method is the best for you.
Before we go about the guide screen mirroring and casting are two different things, When you mirror screen, you can display any part of your device’s screen to your TV or projector. However, this will be limited to streaming services such as Netflix, Prime Video, or any other streaming service. When you use the Cast option, you will be able to only cast the video or audio from a dedicated app. Screen casting doesn’t allow you to share any screen from your device except for the streaming app.
How To Mirror Your iPhone to Samsung TV
Since this is an iPhone that we are trying to screen mirror to a Samsung TV, you need to know if your Samsung smart TV has Apple AirPlay 2 enabled. To make it easier, here is a list of all Apple AirPlay 2 supported Samsung TVs.
AirPlay 2 Supported Samsung TVs
- 2018 Frame TV
- 2018 QLED 4K
- 2018 4K UHD TV
- 2018 Smart Full HDTV N5300
- 2019 8K and 4K QLED TVs
- 2019 Frame, Serif, and 4K UHD TV
- 2020 8K and 4K QLED TVs
- 2020 Frame and Serif TV
- 2020 Premiere Projector and Crystal UHD TVs
- 2021 27″ and 32″ M5 Smart Monitors
- 2021 32″ M7 Smart Monitor
- 2021 8K and 4K QLED TVs
- 2021 Frame TV
- 2021 Crystal UHD TVs
- 2023 Neo QLED 8K and Neo QLED 4K TVs
- 2023 Frame, OLED, and QLED TVs
- 2022 8K and 4K QLED TVs and OLED TVs
- 2022 Frame, Sero, and Serif TVs
- 2022 4K QLED TVs
- 2022 Odyssey Ark Gaming Screen and G8 Gaming Monitor
- The Freestyle projector
Enable Apple AirPlay on Samsung Smart TV
While your Samsung TV might have the support for Apple AirPlay 2, you have to enable the feature in order to make use of it. Here are the steps that are similar for all AirPlay 2 supported Samsung TVs.
- Open the Settings menu on your Samsung Smart TV.
- The menu can be either Settings or All Settings.
- Now, select General or Connection depending on your Samsung TV model.
- You should now see the Apple AirPlay setting option on your TV screen. Open it and turn the toggle to On.
- You can also choose whether you want the device to enter a passcode or not in order for the iPhone to connect to your Samsung TV.
Method 1: Screen Mirror iPhone to Samsung Smart TV
Now that you know if your Samsung smart TV has Apple AirPlay on it or not, you can now follow these steps to screen mirror your iPhone to the Samsung TV.
- Connect your Samsung Smart TV and your Apple iPhone to the same WiFi network.
- Launch the Control Center on your iPhone by swiping down from the top right corner of the screen.
- You should now see the Control Center. Tap on the tile with Screen Mirroring icon.
- The iPhone will now search for Wireless Displays on the network that supports Apple AirPlay.
- When the iPhone finds your Samsung Smart TV, tap on it.
- If required, it will ask you to enter a code on your iPhone.
- Once all of that is done, you can easily screen mirror any screen from your iPhone to your big-screen Samsung TV.
Method 2: Screen Mirror iPhone To Samsung with no AirPlay Support
Now, the above steps were for those users who have Samsung TVs that have support for Apple AirPlay 2. But, if you are using a Samsung TV that is quite old or is not mentioned in the supported Apple AirPlay list, you can still screen mirror your iPhone to the Samsung TV.
However, for this, you will have to get yourself a Lightning to HDMI dongle and connect the Lightning side to iPhone. Connect the other end of the dongle to an HDMI cable that is connected to your TV’s HDMI port.
Once you have the devices and the cables connected to each other, simply change the input source on your Samsung TV using the included TV remote. You can now easily see the screen of your iPhone on your Samsung TV.
This concludes the guide on how to easily screen mirror your iPhone to your Samsung smart TV. Whether you use a brand-new Samsung smart TV or a basic Samsung TV with an HDMI port, you can easily screen mirror your iPhone. You can always choose whichever method works best for you. With screen mirroring enabled you can easily show your images or documents on the big screen with ease. If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.