Samsung the popular brand and hold a strong share in the Mobile market. And the company is trying to outperform other vendors in every price range either it is low price, mid-price or high price. Recently Samsung launched Galaxy Note 10 Lite to tackle the OnePlus phones and it seems the right move from Samsung. If you have Note 10 Lite or looking forward to getting it then this guide is for you. Here you will know How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite and How to unlock bootloader on Galaxy Note 10 Lite.
Galaxy Note series is popular for its amazing screen, S-pen and assuredly the processor. But in Note 10 Lite instead of the latest flagship processor, it comes with last year’s Exynos 9810 flagship processor. We can’t complain about it as the price of the device is also reasonable. The performance of the phone is undoubtedly amazing and it has options for customization from Samsung themes. But for further customization at the system level, you need to root your Samsung Note 10 Lite.
Rooting Galaxy Note 10 Lite will give more options like applying custom fonts, third party themes, custom boot animation and more. If you want to add Xposed modules on your device for advanced features then first you have to root Samsung Note 10 Lite. But rooting is not that easy first you need to unlock bootloader for it and then you can root. So here you will find the complete guide that will help you to root your phone.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite
Samsung phones now run on the OneUI which is a secure OS and comes with multi-layer security. This results in the complex method for rooting but if you follow the below procedure then you can easily root your Samsung Note 10 Lite. If you want to unlock bootloader on your Samsung phone then you don’t have to use any tool for unlocking bootloader. You can simply unlock the bootloader from the Fastboot mode.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite Unlock Bootloader
Samsung phones come with locked bootloader and it restricts users from doing changes at the system level. Like if you want button mapping then you need to unlock bootloader and root your device. Also, you should be aware that some Samsung phones can not be unlocked for specific regions or specific carriers. But most of the phones are unlockable and so if you want to unlock it then follow the below guide.
- Unlocking bootloader will erase all data, so take a full backup of your device.
- On your device go to Settings > About Phone.
- In About Phone click 7-8 times on Build Number to enable developer option. It will display ‘You are now a developer’.
- Now go to Settings > Advance Options > Developer Options.
- Enable OEM Unlocking as well as USB debugging from the developer option.
- Turn off your phone. Then press & hold Volume Up + Volume Down together and connect the phone to PC when holding both buttons.
- Release both buttons when Warning screen appears and press Volume Up button to boot the device into Download Mode.
- Now long press Volume Up button to Unlock Bootloader on Galaxy Note 10 Lite. It will wipe data of your phone and the Samsung Note 10 Lite bootloader will be unlocked.
- Restart your device and again enable Developer Option with the same steps given above.
- Open Developer Options and make sure OEM Unlocking is greyed out. If it is greyed out, then you have successfully unlocked bootloader on Galaxy Note 10 Lite and if not then you try again in a few days.
This is the common process for all Samsung devices to unlock bootloader, it means you can use it on other Samsung devices. Once the bootloader is unlocked you can root your phone. But first, go through the list of requirement.
- Take a full backup of data before rooting
- Download Magisk Manager APK
- Download Odin Flash Tool
- Make sure the bootloader is unlocked of your phone
- Download the firmware (the same version on which your phone is running)
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
Root Samsung Note 10 Lite with Magisk Patched File
- Copy the Magisk Manager file on your phone and install it.
- Extract the Firmware on your computer. The extracted folder will have AP, BL, CP & CSC file. Copy the AP file to your phone storage.
- Open the Magisk Manager App on your phone and click on the Install > Install.
- In the next screen click on the ‘Select and Patch a File’.
- Locate the AP tar file on your and it will start patching the file.
- After patching AP file, the output file will be saved to Download folder with name magisk_patched.tar. Copy the magisk_patched.tar to your computer.
- Now boot your Galaxy Note 10 Lite to Download Mode. Prefer the same steps which is given in the unlock bootloader guide.
- Connect your phone to the computer when it is in Download Mode.
- Now open Odin.exe on your computer. In the Odin tool switch to the Options tab and uncheck Auto Reboot.
- Click on the AP button and select magisk_patched.tar file. Then click on the BL button and select the BL file (it will be in the extracted firmware folder). Similarly, select the CP and CSC file in Odin.
- After adding AP, BL, CP & CSC files in the respective sections then click on the Start button. Wait for the success message which will show ‘Pass’.
- Now you need to carefully boot into the rooted system using the below button combination.
- Press & hold the Volume Up + Power button and release all the buttons when you see the warning screen.
- That’s all, now you have successfully rooted your Samsung Note 10 Lite.
After rooting your device you should be familiar with the steps to boot your phone in different partition. I have added the buttons combos which you need to boot your device into different systems. So follow the below shortcut buttons:
- System without Root: Normal power-up
- Recovery Mode: Press & hold Volume Up + Power button together and when you see Warning screen release the only Power button and keep pressing Volume Up button until you see Recovery.
So there you have it the complete guide on How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite and How to Unlock Bootloader on Galaxy Note 10 Lite. If you have any queries then let us know in the comment section below.