A few weeks back Samsung released three mid range phones in the Galaxy A series. Samsung Galaxy A33 is one of these phones. It is a lower mid range phone that comes with 5G support. Galaxy A is a popular phone series and with every new gen phone, it gets even better. If you have a Galaxy A33 phone, then this guide is for you. Here you will know how to root Samsung Galaxy A33 and how to unlock bootloader of Galaxy A33.
Let’s first discuss Galaxy A33 5G details. Starting with the design the phone comes with a cool and satisfying design. Cameras are placed vertically in the left corner. The Galaxy A33 comes in different colors for modern look. Samsung Galaxy A33 5G features a 6.4-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display. It is a 90Hz display. It comes with Exynos 1280 processor.
The device comes in three RAM options 4GB, 6GB, and 8GB along with options for 128GB and 256GB storage. It also impresses in the camera department with 48MP + 8MP + 5MP + 2MP rear camera setup and a 13MP selfie camera. The device performs great compared to its price. And with some tweaks, you can further improve its performance by rooting Samsung Galaxy A33. We will also include a guide to unlock bootloader of Galaxy A33.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A33
Rooting is still useful these days if you can take advantage of it. But rooting nowadays is much harder, especially for Samsung users. There are many advantages of rooting such as you can set custom fonts, remove bloatware, third party themes, and more. But before rooting there is a tricky part that needs to be accomplished and that is unlocking bootloader of Samsung Galaxy A33.
Note: Make sure you are modifying your phone at your own risk.
Unlock Bootloader of Galaxy A33
Like other Android phones, Galaxy phones also come with locked bootloader. Luckily Samsung allows unlocking the bootloader of Galaxy phones while you may find restrictions on carrier locked phones. You can try unlocking bootloader on carrier locked phones, but if it doesn’t work you might need to take help from professionals if someone offers the service. Now let’s jump into the steps to unlock bootloader of Samsung Galaxy A33.
- Take a full backup of your Galaxy A33 as unlocking the bootloader will delete all data from your device.
- Once you have the backup, open Settings on your phone and go to About Phone > Software Information. Look for Build Number and Tap 7-8 times to enable developer options. It will show ‘You are now a developer’.
- Now go back to the main Settings and then go to Additional Settings > Developer Options. Now enable OEM unlocking in Developer Options. Also, enable USB Debugging just in case.
- After enabling the OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging power off your device. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down and while holding both buttons connect your phone to your PC.
- Let go of both buttons once you see the Download Mode on your Galaxy A33. Now long-press the Volume Up button and Galaxy A33 will show the bootloader screen.
- Press the Volume Up button and it will unlock the bootloader of your Samsung Galaxy A33. It will wipe all data. Reboot your phone.
Once the unlocking bootloader process is done, you can now root your phone or even install custom ROMs on your device. But here we will only discuss the rooting process, so let’s jump into the guide after the requirements.
- Take a full backup of your phone before rooting to ensure no data loss
- Download Magisk APK
- Download Odin Flash Tool
- Make sure the bootloader is unlocked on your phone
- Download the Galaxy A33 firmware (use Samsung Downloader or Frija) – same version as your Phone
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy A33 5G with Magisk
- Extract the Galaxy A33 firmware that you downloaded on your computer and check for the AP file (file starting with AP). Now extract the boot image (boot.img.lz4) from the AP file.
- Convert the lz4 file to tar format using 7 Zip.
- Copy the boot tar file to your phone.
- Install the Magisk app on your phone.
- Open Magisk on your phone and click on Install.
- Now choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ on the next screen.
- Browse and select the boot tar file and wait for the patching process. It can take a few seconds to patch the file and the output will be saved in the download folder as magisk_patched.tar.
- Copy the patched tar file to your PC. Boot your Galaxy A33 into download mode.
- Open the Odin Flash Tool on your PC. On the right side of the tool, load the magisk patched file in AP. Make sure to uncheck Auto Reboot in the Options tab.
- After completing all the previous steps, click on the Start button (considering your phone is connected to PC). It will start flashing the patched Magisk file to your phone.
- It will give a Pass message on completion and your device will reboot. Do a factory reset, if the device is stuck in bootloop.
- After reboot, turn on the internet connection on your phone. Install the Magisk app if it’s not present on your phone. Open the app and perform the steps that come in a dialog box.
Once done, you can check for root access through any third party root checker app. Also if in the Magisk app, you see Update or Installed next to Magisk then your phone is rooted. Now you can enjoy all the apps and features that require root access. Also, if you like to try modules then you can also use various Xposed Modules on your phone. Here you can also check how to install Xposed Framework.
So, there you have it, the complete guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy A33 along with a guide to unlock bootloader of Galaxy A33. And if you have any queries let us know in the comment section below.