Motorola One Vision is a phone with a stylish punch-hole display. It is a budget phone which comes with Samsung’s Exynos chipset. The phone packs with some great specifications which can overpower other budget phones. And the performance is undoubtedly great and if you want to modify, customize, and root your phone then this guide is for you. Here you will know How to Root Motorola One Vision and guide to install TWRP Recovery on Moto One Vision.
From 2018 Motorola have started new phone series named One series and it got popularity in no time. There are many reasons for it like Motorola One Power, One Macro, One Action, One Vision and more. And when it comes to custom development then One Series is better than Moto G series. The custom development for Motorola One Vision has started a long ago and now the TWRP Recovery is available for it. It means you can easily root your device.
Rooting the Motorola One Vision will give you access to system settings and you can use any root features. Features such as applying custom fonts, third party themes, boot animation and more. More customization options will be unlocked after rooting the device like mapping buttons, gestures, and removing bloatware.
How to Root Motorola One Vision
Motorola is among my favorite phone brand because it allows users to unlock bootloader without any wait time. And once you have unlocked bootloader you are all set to make changes like rooting, installing TWRP Recovery, and installing custom ROMs. There is more than one way to root Motorola One Vision like rooting with Magisk patched boot image or rooting with TWRP recovery. Rooting from TWRP Recovery is easier and it is now available for Motorola One Vision so we will first share download and install guide for TWRP recovery.
Note: Follow the last method to root Motorola One Vision if you don’t want to install TWRP Recovery on your phone.
Download TWRP Recovery for Motorola One Vision
TWRP is a popular and best Custom recovery for Android phones. And luckily it is now available for Motorola One Vision. There are no known bugs in this twrp recovery and so you can use it without any problem. Thanks to developer ilia3367 for the wonderful work. He has made the file for the easy installation of TWRP Recovery. Use the below link to download it on your computer.
- TWRP Recovery for Motorola One Vision – Download
After downloading the TWRP zip file you can follow the below method to install it on your phone.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Motorola One Vision
- Make sure that the bootloader is unlocked of your Motorola One Vision (Guide). And also take a full backup.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer.
- Now copy the downloaded TWRP zip file and extract it on your PC. Copy the TWRP-3.3.1_Motorola_One_Vision.img to C:\adb and rename the file to twrp.img.
- Also copy the TWRP installer, DM verity, Magisk and Magisk Manager to your phone.
- Turn off your phone. Press & hold Volume Down + Power button together and release both buttons when the Fastboot screen appears.
- Now connect your phone to PC and run the KANE_Primary_Flash.bat file.
- The phone will auto reboot to TWRP Recovery. In Recovery tick the checkbox and provide permission to write on the system.
- Then go to Wipe > Format data and type ‘Yes’. It will erase all the data from your phone. After that go to Reboot > Reboot to Bootloader.
- The phone will again boot into Fastboot/Bootloader mode. Then go to C:\adb folder and press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open PowerShell window here’ or ‘Open Command window here’.
- Now enter the below command to boot the phone into TWRP Recovery
fastboot boot twrp.img
- The device will boot into TWRP, After that go to Install and locate the TWRP-3.3.1_Installer_Motorola_One_Vision.zip and flash it.
- That’s all, the TWRP Recovery is now installed on Motorola One Vision.
Now you can root your phone with TWRP and Magisk by following the below guide.
Root Motorola One Vision with TWRP Recovery
- Make sure to copy the Dm Verity, Magisk installer and Magisk Manager to your phone. Skip this step if all the files are already on your phone.
- Then boot your device into TWRP Recovery. Power off your phone, then press & hold Volume Up + Power button together to boot into TWRP Recovery.
- In TWRP go to Install and locate the Magisk Installer zip file and flash it.
- Again go to Install and flash DM Verity zip file.
- Then Reboot your phone into the system and install Magisk Manager app on your phone.
- That’s it now you have successfully rooted Motorola One Vision.
So this was the method to root Motorola One Vision with TWRP or any other custom recoveries. But in case if you don’t want to install a custom recovery but want to root your phone then follow the below guide.
You May Also Like | Download Motorola USB Driver for All Motorola Phones (Latest Version)
Root Motorola One Vision with Patched Boot Image
- Make sure that the bootloader is unlocked of your Motorola One Vision. And also take a full backup.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer.
- Download the Firmware for your phone of the same version on which your phone is running. Extract the folder and copy the boot.img file to your phone.
- Install Magisk Manager Canary build on your phone and patch the boot image file using this guide.
- Copy the magisk_patched.img file to your Computer (C:\adb). And rename the file to boot.img.
- Turn off your phone. Press & hold Volume Down + Power button together to boot into Fastboot Mode/Bootloader Mode.
- Then connect your phone to PC while in Fastboot Mode.
- In C:\adb folder press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here’.
- Now enter the below command in the Command/PowerShell window
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched file reboot your device to the system.
- Install the Magisk Manager app, skip if the app is already present.
- Complete the in-app instructions and the device will automatically reboot into the system.
Now your Motorola One Vision rooted successfully. You can now use Xposed modules to get additional features and also to customize your phone.
In case if you bricked your device flash the firmware on your Motorola One Vision by using the Moto Auto Flash Tool.
So there you have it the complete guide on How to Root Motorola One Vision and download TWRP Recovery for Motorola One Vision. If you get any error while rooting your device then let us know in the comment section.