Do you want to Enable Camera2 API on your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1? If yes then you are about to get the answer so that you can enable it. Here we will share how to enable Camera2 API on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 without Root. Yes, it doesn’t need root access to enable Camera2 API.
Asus is one of the few companies which let users to enable Camera2 API on their Asus phones without unlocking the bootloader. And in other company phones, we have to unlock bootloader for even a small modification. So this is an advantage for Asus users compared to other phone brands users. Now the question will be what will happen if you enable Camera2 API. Well enabling the camera2api will give you advanced control to take amazing pictures and videos.
You must have heard about the Google Camera and about its performance. It’s the best Camera App for Android phone which is far better than any stock Camera. So to make it work on Max pro M1 you have to first enable Camera2 API. After enabling Camera2 API you can also use any manual camera and control Exposure, Manual Focus, ISO, RAW image, shutter speed, night sight and more. So let’s see how you can use Google Camera on Max Pro M1.
How to Enable Camera2 API on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
Many new phones like Redmi Note 7/7 Pro, Realme 3/3 Pro, Nokia phones are now come with enabled Camera2 API by default. The camera2 API is started to come with Android 5.0 which controls permissions of various camera hardware. So by default, the phone does not allow camera apps to take advantage of some amazing features. But after enabling the Camera2 API you will see the changes in Pictures. So check out how to enable Camera2 API on Max Pro M1 without Root. You don’t need root but you need PC to enable Camera2 API.
Steps to Enable Camera2 API on Zenfone Max Pro M1 Without Root
First download & install recommended tools & drivers on your PC. And once it’s done follow the below set of instructions. If you have updated your Max Pro M1 to Android Pie then also you have to follow the same method to enable camera2api.
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Go to System Settings > About Phone section.
- Look for Build number and tap 7-8 times continuously on it. It will display a message “You are now a developer”. It will enable developer options on your Max Pro M1.
- Go back to Settings and this time go to System > Developer Options.
- In Developer options, enable USB Debugging. Also, turn on “Verify Apps over USB”.
- Completely power off your Max Pro M1.
- Now press & hold Power + Vol Up button together to boot into Fastboot Mode.
- Connect your Phone to PC while in Fastboot mode.
- If you have installed ADB & Fastboot driver, then directly open CMD command window on your PC. But if you haven’t installed it the open Platform Tools and open CMD window inside Platform Tools folder.
- Once you are in Command window enter the below command to check the device is connected or not:
- If it shows ID then your device is connected and you are ready to enter next command. If not reinstall drivers.
- Enter the following command one by one to enable camera2api on Max Pro M1:
fastboot oem enable_camera_hal3 true
- The device will now reboot into system. Now check the Camera2 API status on your phone.
That’s it you have finally enabled Camera2 API on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1. And now you can install Google Camera on your phone and enjoy features like Night Sight, HDR+, RAW images, Slo-mo, Portrait mode and more. Make sure to Download the GCam that is ported for your phone.
You May Also Like: Download Google Camera 6.1 for Android Oreo 8.0 Ported from Pixel 3
So you have enabled camera2api on your phone. But if not by any reason make sure to write a comment below and we will reply with the solution.