Realme has earlier announced updates for Realme 2 Pro, Realme 1, & Realme U1 which let users to unlock bootloader on their respective phones. And Realme 3 is the latest budget Android Phone (from Realme) which already has the option to unlock Bootloader. So if you want to modify your phone and root your phone, then you need to unlock bootloader first. Here I will explain how to unlock bootloader on Realme 3.
After unlocking bootloader you will be allowed to flash custom recovery, custom ROM and you can also root your phone. So if you want to go for modification on your phone then you have to unlock bootloader. Luckily there is no need to update your phone because the phone comes with unlock bootloader option out of the box. Another major advantage of unlocking bootloader is that you can easily enable Camera2 API on your Realme 3. unlocking bootloader on Realme 3 will not void the warranty so you have the power to unlock it without any another thought.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Realme 3
The work of Bootloader is to protect the data and information. But after unlocking you will be responsible for everything on your phone. So make sure you are doing it on your own risk. Anyway, you have more reasons to unlock bootloader then not unlocking it (if you like modification). If you are new to this then make sure to follow the exact process mentioned below.
Warning: Unlocking bootloader will wipe all the data from your phone. So take a backup before unlocking.
- This process will erase all the data from your Phone.
- The in-depth test may have unforeseeable impacts on your phone.
- Some functions may not operate properly because of third-party firmware, such as the photo-taking function of the camera. It may also cause device damage.
- Personal and confidential information on the phone may leak, and security compromised.
- The in-depth test may modify some of the system functions, and prevent you from updating the system version to enjoy the latest ColorOS.
- Take a full backup as this process is going to reset your device
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- 1xUSB & 1xPC
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC
- Download Platform Tools on your PC
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Realme 3
- Update your phone to the latest version if available.
- Download Realme Unlock Tool APK (for Android 10)on your phone.
- Install the unlock tool App on the phone.
- Open the Unlock Tool after installing it.
- Tap on “Start Applying”.
- It will take to the Disclaimer page, read it and check the box.
- Submit Application button will be visible so tap on it.
- The application will be sent to the Realme server. The team will check the application and within an hour or two you will see the success message.
- Open the Unlock tool and under Review Successful message you will see an option “Start the in-depth test“, tap on it.
- Once you tap on Start the in-depth, the device will reboot and it will display “fastboot_unlock_verify ok” on the screen.
- Extract the downloaded Platform Tools folder.
- Connect your phone to PC via USB cable.
- In Platform Tools, press Shift + Right click on an empty area and click on “Open PowerShell window here” or “Open Command window here”.
- Now enter the following command on Command window or PowerShell window
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flashing unlock
- Press Volume Up button on the phone Unlock Bootloader. Or press Volume down if you don’t want to unlock bootloader.
- Enter the command
- After entering the command, the phone will reboot to the in-depth test and erase all the data. Now the bootloader has been unlocked and you can reboot to the System if it not automatically reboot.
- After reboot setup your device and enjoy Realme 3 with unlocked bootloader.
So this is how you can easily unlock bootloader on Realme 3. Now you can install TWRP Recovery, Custom ROM and root the device. Keep visiting to get guide regarding Realme 3 guides.
If you have changed your mind and now you want to relock bootloader then follow the below guide.
How to Relock Bootloader on Realme 3
- Follow the same prerequisites from unlock bootloader section.
- Download the Realme Unlock Tool APK again on your phone.
- Install the APK on your phone.
- After installing open the Unlock Tool and follow the steps.
- Tap on “Apply to exit in-depth test”.
- It will reboot the device to Fastboot mode.
- Extract the Platform Tools on your PC.
- Connect your Realme 3 to PC via USB cable.
- In Platform Tools, Press Shift + Right click together in an empty area and click on “Open PowerShell window here” or “Open Command window here”.
- Enter the following command in PowerShell/Command window
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flashing lock
- In the phone, press the Volume Up button to “lock bootloader”.
- Now In PC enter the command
- It will now relock the bootloader and erase all the user data.
Now you have successfully locked the bootloader on Realme 3. Once you do this you will start receiving OTA updates from Realme regarding ColorOS.
So there you have it an easy step by step guide on how to unlock bootloader on Realme 3 and how to relock the bootloader. I hope you found the guide helpful. And if you are unable to unlock/relock it then make sure to comment down below. We will reply with the solution.
1 thought on “How to Unlock Bootloader on Realme 3 (Official)”
Thank you very much. I need this unlock And hopefully not being threatened with online gaming through the website anymore