Asus has started rolling out the stable Android Pie 9.0 for Zenfone Max Pro M1 with version number 16.2017.1903.050. And Here you can Download Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Android Pie update and install it manually on your phone with the help of step by step guide. The company released the stable Pie before April 2019 as promised. This update will improve the performance on your device, several bugs fixed, and brings the latest security patch.
Last month, Asus started a beta program and testing the Pie on their Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1. And this week the company begins rolling out the official stable Pie update via OTA to both beta users and normal users. The OTAs on Asus take too long to reach every user. But you can manually download the firmware from the below section and update your phone. And with this update, you will get access to the features like Digital Wellbeing support (you have to enable it), Adaptive brightness, Dark Mode (yes it works), and a lot more to enhance the overall experience on your tab.
The Update brings the latest Android Pie 9.0 with some new features on your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (ZB601KL). The firmware is size around 1.51GB (approx.) with a build number WW-16.2017.1903.050. It also brings the March 2019 security patch. Still there’s no support for the Camera2 API, you’ll need to enable it by your own. Download the firmware from the download section to update your Zenfone Max Pro M1 to Android Pie.
Download Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Android Pie Update Firmware
The OTAs will take some time to reach every smartphone, and especially in the case of Zenfone Max Pro M1 and M2. If you haven’t received the update notification, then you can manually update your smartphone by flashing the firmware. If you’re facing any issues while downloading the OTA, then you can directly download the firmware and update the device. In order to check the OTA, go to the Settings > System Updates > and check for the updates if any available.
- Download Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Android Pie Update (Firmware – ZB601KL)
Note: There’s no need to download the firmware, if you have already received the update OTA notification. The update is available for ZB601KL, not for the ZB602KL, once it is available for ZB602KL we’ll update the article and attach the download link.
- Make sure to charge your phone’s battery to at least 50%
- Backup your data, in case of failures, so you can recover it
- Download Google USB Drivers for your Windows
How to Install Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Android Pie Update?
- At first, Download the firmware file from the above download link.
- Now Rename the file to “UL-ASUS_X00T-WW-16.2017.1903.050-user.zip”
- Connect your smartphone to your PC via USB.
- Now copy the file and paste it in your phone’s internal storage, make sure to paste the file outside the folders.
- Then, disconnect your phone from the PC and reboot it.
- After reboot, you’ll see the notification like System Update File Detected.
- Just tap on it and install the Android Pie update on your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1.
- Make sure to agree with the conditions before the update.
- It’ll reboot into the recovery mode and start updating it to the Pie.
Once done, you can start using your phone running on the latest OS. The Android Pie brings some new features like the new UI for the settings, recent apps, it has a smooth interface. And now you can easily install the Google Camera 6.1 with night sight mode as the Camera2 API is enabled and also enable the dark mode, which allows you to save battery.
You May Also Like – Download Digital Wellbeing for Android Pie
If you have any query, you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: