Asus has started the Android Pie beta program for Zenfone Max Pro M1. And if you want to test the Android Pie Beta update on your phone then this guide is for you. Here you can Download Android Pie Beta Update for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 with its installation guide. The Beta program is named Zenfone Max Pro M1 Android Pie Beta Power User Program and features both ZB601KL and ZB602KL model. This update comes with build number as PKQ1.WW_Phone-16.2017.1902.037.
You can enroll in the Beta program (enroll here) or directly download the OTA file (link given below) and install Android Pie Beta on Zenfone Max Pro M1. All thanks to althafvly for sharing the Android Pie Beta OTA link which will save time for most of the users. The update doesn’t require root or unlocked bootloader so all of the users are eligible for the update.
With this Android 9 Pie Beta program, Max Pro M1 users will experience the features of Android Pie like Adaptive brightness & battery, new UI, optimized performance and much more. So to get all the Android 9 Pie goodies Update Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 to Android 9 Pie Beta. Following are some points that you need to know before Installing the Android Pie Beta update:
- Owning a ZenFone Max Pro M1 is crucial
- Willing to provide information including IMEI, Serial Number(SN), Current Firmware for the beta test setting
- Be familiar with the Android operating system
- Be able to read and provide feedback in English
Along with these things you should also know the meaning of beta program before you install the Android Pie Beta Update on Zenfone Max Pro M1.
Download Android Pie Beta Update for Zenfone Max Pro M1
You can enroll in the beta program and then you will receive an email with download link. Sometimes these download links get interrupted or doesn’t work. Also, it will take time to receive mail with a download link. So if you don’t want to wait and download it right away then follow the download link and download Android Pie Beta update for Max Pro M1. It’s a 1.6GB file.
Mirror Link (Android File Host)
More Download Links (if above link doesn’t work)
Note: Download the file from chrome or any other source which only uses one thread to download. Don’t download from IDM or another source which uses multiple threads to download. It is just a precaution step so that you don’t face any interruption or failure during installation.
Now that you have downloaded the Android Pie Beta OTA file, you are ready to install it immediately. You can install it in two different ways as default or sideload method. But here I will write down the default and easy method for your convenience.
Install Android Pie Beta Update on Zenfone Max Pro M1
- Make sure you are on Android 8.1 with build number xx.340
- Backup all your important data (just in case of any failure)
- You should be fine with some bugs because it is a beta update
- Charge your phone at least 50%
- Warranty will be void if you are using Root/unlocked bootloader phone
- You will face some bugs
- Upgrading the device will not erase anything
- If you do not enroll for this program you will not receive emails and updates officially
Steps to Install Android Pie Beta
- Download the firmware file from the download section.
- Put the firmware file on the root directory of internal storage (outside of every folder).
- Now reboot your phone.
- After a successful reboot, you will see a notification “System update file detected”. Just tap on the notification.
- Now it will show the file/package with the build number, tap on OK to continue.
- It will prompt remainder for enough charging so again tap on OK.
- The Android Pie update will begin and after installing it, the device will reboot automatically.
- After the reboot, you will be on Android Pie. So enjoy Android Pie on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1.
Android Pie Beta Features
Android 9 Pie is full of features and you will get the smooth experience better than the Oreo. But before we list features of Android Pie you should know the bugs that users are facing on this beta update.
- PUBG is only playable in Smooth and Balanced graphics (It can be fixed with PUBG Gfx tool)
- Charging speed is little lower than stable Oreo build
- Ring around the home button (Go to default app section and disable voice assistant for fix)
- Camera2API cannot be enabled
- Screenshot option removed from power button shortcut
- All Android Pie basic features are included
- Latest Android security patch level (1 February 2019)
- Smooth user experience
- No battery drain when Phone is idle
- Smooth transitions & effects as compared to Oreo
- Better sound output from speakers
- Double tap to wake and double tap to sleep
So these are the main features that you are going to love on this update. If I missed any feature please let me know in the comment section and I will add it in the list.
So this is it in Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Android Pie Beta Update. If you have any queries regarding installation or download make sure to let us know in the comment section and we will help you out. Enjoy Android Pie on your Max Pro M1.