The Vivo Z1 Pro is a strong competitor of Redmi K20 but beats K20 at the price. It’s a terrific purchase if you own the device, here is a guide which helps you a lot if you want to Root, install custom ROM or Recovery on your phone. Here you will know how to unlock bootloader on Vivo Z1 Pro.
Generally, there is very less development scope in Vivo phones but Vivo Z1 Pro is an exception. It is a popular phone and so developers are very much interested in working on Vivo Z1 Pro development projects. The TWRP Recovery is already available which means soon you can expect the availability of Custom ROMs. But the first thing you are required is to unlock bootloader before installing custom ROM or Recovery. So here we are going to tell the method for Vivo Z1 Pro Unlock Bootloader.
By default, all the Android phones come with a locked bootloader (unless you are buying the unlocked ones) which restrict users to modify their phones. It means you can not root your phone, you can not install Custom Recovery/ROM, etc. So if you are thinking to modify your device you need to first unlock the bootloader. It is an easy procedure to unlock bootloader on Vivo Z1 Pro. Let’s see the details of Vivo Z1 Pro in short.
Vivo Z1 Pro – Details
It comes with a punch-hole camera in the 6.53-inch display of 1080×2340 pixels (FHD+) resolution. The device runs on latest Android 9 Pie with Funtouch OS 9 on top. Vivo Z1 Pro is powered with the best mid-range Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 AIE Octa-Core processor with integrated Adreno 616 GPU. The device is coupled with 4/6 GB RAM & 64/128 GB Storage.
You May Also Like: Punch Hole wallpapers
In the camera section the phone features three-camera setup at back including 16MP + 8MP + 2MP sensor. Additionally, the phone’s back camera has aperture f/1.78, f/2.2, and f/2.4 respectively. And at the front, the device has 32-megapixel punch-hole selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture. One of the great features of the phone is its battery which is massive 5000mAh power and also it supports 18W fast charging. Now let’s see the method to unlock the bootloader.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Vivo Z1 Pro
You can easily unlock bootloader from the guide given below but you need to aware of Bootloader concepts. If you don’t know anything about bootloader then you shouldn’t unlock the bootloader. Unlocking bootloader has various advantages as well as disadvantages which might help or restrict you from using some features of your phone.
- Unlocking bootloader will reset your phone
- You may not receive official OTA updates after unlocking the bootloader
- This can also void the warranty
So if you are okay with the above three points then you can unlock bootloader without any problem. Unlocking bootloader also opens the option for customization of your phone, so after unlocking bootloader you can:
- Install any custom recovery on your phone
- Install custom ROMs on your phone
- Root your phone with ease
Once you are aware of the risk and advantages of unlocking bootloader then follow the prerequisites and then unlock bootloader of Vivo Z1 Pro.
- Take a full backup of your phone’s data
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC
- Install Vivo Z1 Pro drivers on PC
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Vivo Z1 Pro
- First, open Settings on your Vivo Z1 Pro. Go to About Phone and tap Build Number 7 times to enable developer options in Vivo Z1 Pro.
- Now go back to Settings > Developer Options. In developer options, you need to enable OEM Unlocking.
- After OEM unlocking power off your phone completely.
- Make sure you have installed ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC. If already installed then go to C:\adb location.
- In the same location, press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select “Open Command window here” or “Open PowerShell window here”.
- Press & hold Volume Up + Power button together and when phone boots into Fastboot Mode then release both buttons.
- Once your phone is in Fastboot Mode connect your phone to PC using a USB cable.
- In Command/PowerShell window enter the below command to unlock bootloader on Vivo Z1 Pro
fastboot bbk unlock_vivo
- The above command will reset your phone and unlock the bootloader.
- That’s it, you have successfully unlocked your Vivo Z1 Pro bootloader.
After unlocking bootloader you will be able to flash custom Recovery/ROMs and also you can root your phone.
So this is it in the Vivo Z1 Pro Unlock Bootloader guide. Also if you want to get more guides regarding Vivo Z1 Pro then be connected with YTECHB. Here you will find guides for Vivo Z1 pro like rooting, custom Recovery, custom ROMs, Google Camera and more.