Do you want to use Apps and features that require Root access on your Realme 3? But don’t know how to root the phone. Then here you will know how to Root Realme 3 without TWRP Recovery.
Rooting any phone with TWRP Recovery is easier but since the TWRP recovery for Realme 3 is not available (till now) we have to use an alternate method. Still, we are going to use Magisk to root the phone systemless. This method is even simpler than TWRP because the Magisk_patched image file is already available. So read the below guide to root Realme 3 without TWRP.
Realme 3 comes with MediaTek chipset but the process will be similar to the Snapdragon powered phones. Talking about rooting which gives advanced controls to users of their phone. You can change system settings and file if you want. But it is not recommended until you know about it. So let see the best and easy way to root Realme 3.
How to Root Realme 3
If you have TWRP then you can directly flash the Magisk_patched image or you can also flash Magisk zip file. But here we will be going to flash Magisk_patch via adb command. It is an easy method but you need to be careful while flashing the image file because it can brick your device. Below are some prerequisites that you need to follow before flashing.
- Make sure to first unlock bootloader of your phone (Check guide)
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Download Magisk_patched image (Source)
How to Patch Boot Image
You can skip this method if you already have the Magisk_Patched.img file (already provided the link). This method is used to root an Android phone when direct flashing of Magisk zip not working. So below you will see how to patch boot image.
Note: No need to patch boot image if you already have the Magisk_patched.img file for Realme 3.
- Download Firmware/Stock ROM of Realme 3.
- Extract the Firmware and transfer the boot.img file to phone storage.
- Download and Install the latest Magisk Manager APK on your phone.
- Open Magisk Manager, It will show “Magisk is not installed “, there click on Install > Install.
- In the select method choose “Select and Patch a File”.
- Locate the boot.img file that is stored on your phone.
- Now it will start patching the file. You need an Internet connection to patch.
- After patching you can find the Magisk_patched.img file in Download folder.
So this is how you can patch Boot.img file and easily root any phone. Now that you have the Magisk_patched.img file now you can root your devices.
Steps to Root Realme 3
Now that you have the Magisk patch image file means you can install it using TWRP recovery or via command to root your phone. Since you don’t have the TWRP right now you can use the below method to install Magisk and root your phone.
- Open Settings on your phone and go to About Phone.
- Tap 7-8 times on Build Number and it will show “Now you are a developer”.
- Go back to Settings and this time go to Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- In Developer Options enable USB Debugging, also make sure OEM Unlocking is enabled.
- Transfer the Magisk_Patched.img to C:\adb location.
- Now in the same location press Shift + Right Click together and select “Open PowerShell window here” or “Open Command window here”.
- Connect your phone to PC with a USB cable.
- Enter the following command on Command window to boot the phone into bootloader mode/fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- You can also use the key combination to boot into fastboot mode (first power off the device and then Press & hold Power + Vol Up button together until you see fastboot).
- While in fastboot mode, enter the following command to flash the patch file:
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- Now press & hold Power + Vol Up button to boot into fastboot again (do not use any command for reboot).
- In the App section you will see Magisk Manager installed but if it’s not, then download and install the Magisk Manager manually.
- Open Magisk Manager and you will see two green tick means your device is successfully rooted.
In Case of Bootloop try this:
Download Stock Boot image (Thanks to @ReveHavan for pointing) and follow the above method to flash it. In bootloop, you can not enable USB debugging so directly use the hardware keys. Also in place of Magisk_patched.img write the name the stock boot image (eg: fastboot flash boot_realme_.img).
You May Also Like: Download Google Camera 6.1 for Realme 3 & 3 Pro
So this is how you can root Realme 3 without TWRP recovery. And if you have the recovery then you can just boot into TWRP recovery and flash the magisk_patched file and done. Now your device is rooted means you have the access to root/system file. You can modify anything on your phone.
During the process, if any error appears then do let us know in the comment section. We will reply with the solution that will fix the error.