If you are into rooting and installing custom ROMs then you probably heard of TWRP recovery and even it may be installed on your phone. So if you use TWRP Recovery by any means then we have good news for you that latest TWRP 3.3.0 is now available for most of the devices. Here you can download TWRP 3.3.0 for Android Phones.
Latest TWRP 3.3 is available for most currently supported devices, below you will know how to check if it is available for your device. But first, let’s talk about TWRP 3.3 features and changelogs. New TWRP features includes the new & easy way to install TWRP phone, easy decryption, install recovery ramdisk option, reboot to EDL option and more.
The way we used to install the TWRP recovery vary according to the company smartphone and it is also tough to install the TWRP on A/B partition devices. So to fix this Dees_Troy (XDA Senior recognized developer) and topjohnwu (XDA Recognized developer and Magisk Developer) worked together to make the installation easier. The method is adapted to the Magisk patching process which you probably know if you use Magisk.
TWRP 3.3.0 Changelogs
- Merge AOSP 9.0 r3 (Dees_Troy)
- Use ANDROID_ROOT variable instead of hard coding to /system (CaptainThrowback)
- Decrypt FBE on 9.0 and metadata decrypt (Dees_Troy)
- vold decrypt updates (CaptainThrowback and nijel8)
- Support vibration on LED class devices (notsyncing)
- Metadata decrypt support for Pixel 3 (Dees_Troy)
- Support rotating the display via build flag (vladimiroltean)
- Reboot to EDL mode button (mauronofrio)
- Support MTP on FFS devices (bigbiff)
- Update FDE decrypt to support keymaster 3 and 4 (Dees_Troy)
- Detect mkfs.f2fs version to properly format on f2fs partitions (Dees_Troy)
- Allow TWRP to use md5 and sha256 checksums for zip installs (bigbiff)
- TWRP can use /data/cache/recovery and /persist/cache/recovery on AB devices with no cache partition (bigbiff)
- Switch part of advanced menus in TWRP to use a listbox of options (Dees_Troy)
- Use magiskboot to allow repacking boot images for installing TWRP (Dees_Troy with thanks to topjohnwu of course)
The name you see in the bracket are recognized developer and contributed to the section where their name mentioned. All thanks to the developer who have contributed for TWRP 3.3 for better user experience.
Download TWRP 3.3 on Android Phone
Most of the currently supported devices have already got the update but if your device hasn’t received the update then you have to wait until it is available for your device. The latest TWRP Recovery 3.3.0 will allow users to install the new version via installer zip but on future, we have to follow the new method to install TWRP 3.3.0 or above.
So if you know the process to install TWRP Recovery on your phone then use the below guide to download TWRP 3.3 zip file for your Android phone.
Steps to Download TWRP 3.3 Recovery
- Install Official TWRP App from Play Store (Link).
- Open the Official TWRP App on your phone.
- Click on TWRP Flash in the App.
- It will ask you to select device. So click on the select device and the write the name of the device in the search bar.
- After writing the initial name of your device it will show your device in the list, so select your device.
- After selecting the device it will now show all the available official TWRP recovery list from which TWRP 3.3 will be on top if available for your device.
- Select the first one from the TWRP version (TWRP 3.3). It will prompt a message to redirect to browser so click on Okay.
- The browser will open and open a download page. Click on “Download twrp-3.3.0-0-device.img” to begin download.
- Once the TWRP 3.3 is downloaded for your device you can install it. Remember to follow the official method that you know otherwise, you can brick your device.
Alternatively, you can visit the official TWRP site to download the latest TWRP version for your Android phone. First, select the model you want to download it for, then in Download Link section select one mirror Americas or Europe. After that, you will see the list of all the available version download TWRP 3.3.0 from there.
You can follow any method to download TWRP 3.3 for your phone. In the latest TWRP other than easy installation, some options are also added like reboot to EDL and install recovery ramdisk. In Reboot to EDL, any user who doesn’t know how to boot to EDL can easily reboot to EDL from TWRP Recovery.
That’s it for the TWRP 3.3 download guide. I hope the new TWRP Recovery is available for your device and successfully downloaded it. If you are unable to download then let us know about the error in the comment section. We will reply with the solution.