Realme recently announced the light version of the Realme 3 which is named Realme 3i. And many developers have already started working on projects like custom recovery, custom ROM and more. In fact, the unofficial TWRP recovery for Realme 3i is already available. Here you will know how to download & install TWRP Recovery on Realme 3i.
TWRP Recovery is one of the most used custom recovery because of it’s features that make it better than other custom recoveries. Realme 3i is among the few phones to get the TWRP very early after the launch. Otherwise, it takes months to be available for other smartphones. It is because of the phone’s popularity and the developer’s interest.
Why Do You Need TWRP Recovery
TWRP is used for many purposes like installing zip files such as custom ROMs, Magisk, and other flashable zips. Other than flashing TWRP also has Backup, ADB sideload, partitioning, wipe and more. So if you are planning to try a custom ROM then you should first install the TWRP recovery. I hope this gives you the answer that you are looking for. Now let’s move to the TWRP download section.
Download TWRP Recovery for Realme 3i (TWRP 3.3)
The TWRP 3.3.x is the latest TWRP which is now available for Realme 3i. All credit goes to the KSUBROTO for sharing the unofficial TWRP recovery. It can take time for developers to release official TWRP recovery because the testing phase could take long time. But till then you can use the unofficial TWRP for Realme 3i.
Download TWRP 3.3 for Realme 3i
After downloading the TWRP Recovery image file you can proceed to the installation instructions. But if you already know the process then you can skip the guide.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Realme 3i
For Realme phones, there is no tool to flash any zip or image file like the Odin flash tool for Samsung. So, in this case, we generally use the universal method which is ADB commands. If you have never tried flashing a file using ADB commands then you must read the guide very carefully. Let’s now get to the requirements and the steps.
- Bootloader must be unlocked
- Take a full backup of data to ensure no data loss
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Go to About Phone and tap Version 7 times and it will return ‘You are now a developer’.
- Now go back to Settings and then navigate to Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- In Developer Options enable USB Debugging and also make sure OEM unlocking is enabled.
- Connect your phone to PC using a USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded TWRP file and paste to C:\adb location. Also, change its name to TWRP.img (Realme 3i TWRP.img to twrp.img).
- In the same location, press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select “Open PowerShell window here” or “Open Command window here”.
- In Command window enter the below command
- The above command will trigger a pop up so allow it. And then enter the below command
adb reboot bootloader
- Once the phone is in bootloader mode enter the below command
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- The above command will flash the TWRP recovery on your phone. Now you can reboot your phone to the system by entering the below command.
- That’s it the TWRP recovery is now installed on your Realme 3i. If you want to boot into TWRP Recovery then first power off your phone. And then press & hold Volume Down + Power button together.
- When you see the TWRP sign then release the buttons. Now you are in TWRP Recovery.
There you have it the complete guide to download TWRP Recovery for Realme 3i with full installation guide. With TWRP Recovery you can fix bootloop any time. And you can also flash Custom ROM & Custom Kernel whenever you want. There are more features of TWRP which is very helpful in daily use.
If you get any error during installation or link is expired then write in the comment section and we will reply with the solution.