Realme 2 Pro is one of the best budget smartphones. If you are one of the Realme 2 Pro users and want to root your phone. Then read out this detailed guide on How to Root Realme 2 Pro with Magisk.
On January 15th, 2019 Realme (Sub-brand of Oppo) announced that Realme users can now unlock the bootloader on their phone officially. And this means you can Root your Realme phones and you can also try custom ROMs & Recoveries. Rooting your phone allows you to modify your device as you want. It means it gives you full control over your phone.
How to Root Realme 2 Pro
Rooting Realme 2 Pro is now very easy. It can be done in three simple steps. First, unlock the bootloader of your phone. Second, install TWRP recovery on your phone. And last flash the Magisk zip file using TWRP recovery to root your device. So follow the guide given below to Root Realme 2 Pro.
Unlock Bootloader of Realme 2 Pro
Nowadays all the Android smartphones come with locked bootloader out of the box. So to root or making any other system changes you need to unlock the bootloader. Unlocking Bootloader is easy on many Android phones but in Realme it’s lengthy but easy.
Once you have unlocked the bootloader on Realme 2 pro you can install TWRP recovery.
Install TWRP Recovery on Realme 2 Pro
TWRP Recovery is now available, thanks to anabhi (Senior XDA Member) for early unofficial TWRP build.
Update*: The official TWRP Recovery is now available for Realme 2 Pro. So instead of using the given twrp.img use the official TWRP image file and rename for easy access.
- Take a full backup of your device
- Charge your phone at least 60%
- ADB & Fastboot driver on PC (install before proceeding further)
Download TWRP Recovery for Realme 2 Pro
- Download Unlock App by Anabhi and install on your phone.
- Open App and go to download section and download TWRP Recovery.
- Copy the Zip file to PC and extract the zip file.
- Now copy “twrpbyanabhi.img” & “boot+magisk+patched.img” and paste here (C:\adb).
- Rename ‘twrpbyanabhi.img’ to ‘twrp.img’ and ‘boot+magisk+patched.img’ to ‘boot.img’.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery
- Open settings on your phone and Go to About Phone
- Tap continuously on Version until it says ‘You are now a Developer’
- Now go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options
- Look for USB Debugging and enable it
- Completely turn off your phone
- Press and hold Vol down+Power button to boot into Fastboot mode
- Connect your phone to PC via USB
- Now in ADB folder press shift + Right click on an empty area and click on “Open Powershell window here” or “Open Command window here”
- Then type fastboot devices and enter to check connectivity. If it shows an id means your device is connected
- Then enter fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- After that enter fastboot flash boot boot.img (to root)
- On your phone press volume down two times and then press the power button
- It will boot into TWRP recovery and if it asks for Password just tap Cancel
- Now swipe the “Allow Modification” option
- Go to Reboot option and Tap on System
Install Magisk App and Root Realme 2 Pro
You have already installed Magisk.zip (using boot.img) on your phone. Now You have to just install the Magisk App to access the root on Realme 2 Pro.
- Open Magisk Manager on your Phone
- It will ask for upgrade tap on ‘Yes’ (Internet connection required)
- Magisk will be downloaded and then install it
- When you open Magisk after installation it will ask for ‘Additional Setup’ so tap on ‘Yes’
- That’s all if you see green check on ‘Latest Version’ and ‘Installed version’ means Realme 2 Pro is rooted
So now you can flash any zip file on your phone, but you need external storage like MicroSD or OTG. Because the phone is encrypted and so TWRP recovery cannot access internal storage. If you want to remove encryption the read this Guide to decrypt Realme 2 Pro.
When the official TWRP Recovery will release for Realme 2 Pro we will update the method so you can root Realme 2 Pro using official TWRP recovery. That’s all for rooting guide! if you have any question you can ask using the comment section.
More Guide on Root: