Realme X is the first phone of the X series and it is a mid-range phone which has a pop-up front camera. It is a very popular phone due to its pop up camera feature which is hard to find on any budget phones. Realme X comes with Android 9 OS by default and soon it is going receive Android 10 update. But if you can’t wait to experience Android 10 on Realme X then you can install an Android 10 custom ROM. Here you will get to know how to install Android 10 on Realme X.
LineageOS 17 is a custom ROM based on Android 10 which is now available for Realme X. As it is a custom ROM you will get more features then you get on stock Android 10 update. It has more options to customize your phone in various ways. Custom ROM also adds a lot of useful features to the device. If you want to get the Android 10 on your Realme X then keep reading this guide till last.
You can install Android 10 ROM on your Realme X without rooting the device but you need to unlock the bootloader. This is not going to be an obstacle because you can easily unlock bootloader of your device. LineageOS is an active popular custom ROM project and LineageOS 17 is the update based on Android 10.
How to Install Android 10 on Realme X
As of now, the unofficial LineageOS 17 is available for Realme X but there are no major bugs. And soon we can expect official LineageOS 17 but till then you can use the unofficial build. Below you will find the list of working features and known bugs which will give you the idea that you should use the ROM or not.
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Fingerprint ( Fast and accurate like stock)
- Camera ( front pop-up, back )
Known Bugs :
- SELinux permissive
Must Read | Download Google Camera 6.1 for Realme X
Download LineageOS 17 ROM for Realme X
If you want to install Android 10 on your Realme X then first you have to download the ROM. All thanks to the developer SagarMakhar for his awesome work on providing the most awaited LineageOS 17. Use the below links to download the LineageOS ROM for your phone.
After downloading the ROM, you can proceed to install it on your phone. But installing requires unlocked bootloader and a Custom Recovery like TWRP. Make sure to follow the prerequisite.
- Take a full backup of your phone
- The bootloader must be unlocked
- Install TWRP Recovery on Realme X
- Download Android 10 GApps
You May Also Like | How to Root Realme X with Magisk [Working Methods]
How to Install LineageOS 17 on Realme X
If you have ever installed a custom ROM on your phone then you can easily install it without the guide. But if you are going to install the ROM for the first time then go through the below process and you will be able to easily install Android 10 on Realme X.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of important data, it will help to restore the data.
- Completely power off your phone.
- Press & hold Volume Down + Power button together to boot into TWRP Recovery.
- Once you see the TWRP logo release both buttons.
- In TWRP Recovery, go to Wipe and format data.
- Connect your phone to PC and copy the download LineageOS 17 ROM zip & GApps zip file to your phone.
- Now click on the Install tab and locate the ROM zip file.
- Flash the ROM by swiping the slider to the right.
- It will take time to install the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 ROM, so wait for its completion.
- Once the ROM flashing is done, go back to TWRP home and again go to Install.
- Now flash the Android 10 GApps with a similar process as flashing the ROM.
- Then go to Reboot > System.
- Setup your device and enjoy Android 10 on your Realme X.
If you want to update to the available LineageOS 17, then download the ROM zip and flash it without wiping the data. And next time also you don’t need to flash GApps. There are many useful features that you are going to like on LineageOS. The ROM is my second favorite after Pixel Experience which provides pure stock experience.
That’s all for the Android 10 ROM for Realme X, enjoy the new features and let us know about the experience. In case during the installation, if any error occurs let us know in the comment section.