Realme phones are popular in the budget category. Realme C15 is also a popular budget phone. If you have a Realme C15 and want to root your phone, then we have good news for you. Realme has recently released the deep testing app for many Realme phones including Realme C15. It means you can now root your phone or install GSI. Here you will know how to root Realme C15 and how to unlock bootloader of Realme C15.
Realme introduced the C series a while back and since then we have seen some impressive devices in the series. And Realme C15 is still among the top phones in the C series. Realme C15 was launched last year with Android 10 out of the box. And Android 11 is still pending for the Realme C15 which means if you are still using Android 10, you can unlock the bootloader and enjoy features like custom ROMs, custom Kernels, Root, etc.
If you are using Realme phones for a long time now, then you already know users have to wait almost a year just for unlocking the bootloader. It is one of the disadvantages of Realme phones. And also Realme Flash Tool doesn’t support many Realme devices. So, if anything goes wrong you have to visit the service center. Luckily now Realme allows unlocking bootloader of Realme C15. So here in this guide, you will also know how to unlock bootloader of Realme C15 along with the root guide.
How to Root Realme C15
Realme C15 has been available for a year now, and it’s the right time to start testing advanced features. And also, you don’t have to worry about a warranty unless you are planning to renew it. Although unlocking bootloader takes away the warranty, you can again lock the bootloader for warranty. Talking about root, then it opens the door for advance customization Also gives the option to change system files or codes as you want. But rooting is only possible if the bootloader is unlocked. So, let’s first see how to unlock bootloader of Realme C15 and then the root guide.
Realme C15 Unlock Bootloader
Android phones come with locked bootloader, and it is not something new. We have been getting Android phones with locked bootloader for years. And just like any Android phone, Realme phones also come with locked bootloader by default. It restricts users from doing changes such as rooting. And so, you need to first unlock the bootloader of Realme C15 if you want to root Realme C15.
- Before any modification always take a full backup also when unlocking the bootloader. Unlocking bootloader will format your phone data.
- Go to Settings > About Phone on your phone. And tap Build Number 7-8 times to enable developer options.
- Now open Developer Options in Settings and enable OEM Unlocking.
- Download the Realme C15 Unlock APK (Deep Testing app) on your phone. Use this apk for Realme C15 Qualcomm edition.
- Install the Unlock app on your Realme C15 phone. Also, Install the ADB & Fastboot driver on your computer.
- Now open the Deep testing app on your phone and click on Start Applying.
- On the next screen, check the box and click on Submit Application. Now, wait for at least 15 minutes.
- Open the unlock App and tap on Query Verification Status at the top right corner.
- Then tap on the ‘Start the in-depth test,’ and the Realme C15 will boot into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone with the computer. Now open the Command window on your computer and enter the below command one by one.
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flashing unlock
- It will prompt an option on your phone, so select unlock bootloader or yes. It will start unlocking the bootloader and wipe your phone data.
After unlocking the bootloader of Realme C15, you can check it from settings. In Settings go to Developer Options and make sure OEM unlocking is enabled. Once the bootloader is unlocked, you can proceed with the root process. Make sure to check the required files and tools before mirroring the root steps.
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download Realme C15 Firmware (the same version that installed on your phone)
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked
- Download Magisk apk on your phone
Steps to Root Realme C15 with Magisk
Rooting an Android phone is still worth the effort as it brings a lot of advanced features. You may be also familiar with some of the basic features of root, like custom fonts, custom boot animation, third-party themes, and more. In this guide, we are going to use the latest version of Magisk to root Realme C15.
- Extract the Realme C15 firmware. And copy the boot.img to your phone. You can use 7Zip or WinRAR for extracting zip file.
- Install the Magisk apk on your phone.
- After installing the apk, open the Magisk app and click on the Install.
- In the next step choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ from the option.
- Browse and select the boot.img file, and it will start patching the boot image.
- The output file will be stored in the download folder with the name magisk_patched.img.
- Copy the patched boot image file to your computer in folder C:\adb. Also, rename the patched file to boot.img.
- Reboot your Realme C15 to Fastboot mode and connect it to your computer.
- In the C:\adb folder (or platform-tools folder) press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here.’
- You can check if the device is connected or not by entering the below command that should return some device id.
- Now enter the below command to flash Magisk and root Realme C15.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched boot image. reboot your device to the system.
- Install Magisk Manager if it’s not already installed.
- Complete the in-app instructions, and the device will automatically reboot into the system.
After following the above steps, you can check for the root status. You can use any third-party root checker app to check for root access. If your phone has root access, you can enjoy all the apps and features that require root access to run. Also, you can customize your Realme C15 with the best Xposed Modules. You can check the guide to install Xposed Framework.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 7.4 for Realme C15
So, there you have it, the complete guide on how to root Realme C15 and how to unlock bootloader of Realme C15. If you have any queries regarding the root guide, let us know in the comment section.