Xfinity TV is a cable TV streaming service that provides you with a ton of live channels. When you sign up for Xfinity TV, you will be receiving a set-top box that you can connect to your TV along with a remote that you can use to control the device and can also be used to program it with your TV. We all know that remotes generally go misplaced or damaged. So, if you have purchased a new remote or you are someone that has just got an Xfinity TV setup, here’s how to program Xfinity remote to TV.
In this guide, we will be going through the different ways you can follow to program Xfinity remote. Depending on what remote model you have, you can follow the steps assigned for the particular remote. What does programming a remote mean? Well, it simply means to pair or set up the remote with your Xfinity device or TV. So, if you want to know Xfinity remotes are programmed, this is the guide for you.
How to Program Xfinity Remote
The process of programming Xfinity remotes is simple, easy, and fast. It shouldn’t take you more than 2 minutes to get your remote programmed to your devices and TV.
Program Xfinity XR11 Remote (Remote Without Voice Option)
- Grab the XR11 remote and ensure it has batteries in it.
- Now, point the remote to your Xfinity TV Box and check that there is nothing blocking its line of sight.
- On your remote, press the A button and then choose Remote Setup.
- The TV Box will ask if you wish to use the remote to control your TV’s power and volume.
- Choose the Yes option. You also have to choose the Yes option again when it asks if you want to control your TV using the remote.
- The next step is to enter the code of your TV by checking it out on the Remote Control Code Lookup page.
- Once you have entered the right code, click on OK. You should not be able to control your TV and your Xfinity Box right away.
- Test if it works by pressing the volume and mute buttons o the remote.
- If it doesn’t work, you need to use another code.
Program Xfinity XR11 Remote with Voice
If you own the XR11 remote that works with your voice, the setup process is very simple. Just aim the remote to your Xfinity Box and press the Mciroosbphone button. SImply say Program Remote. The Xfinity Box will take you to the program page right away and you can follow the steps mentioned above.
Program Xfinity Remotes with Setup Button
Now, if you are using one of those Xfinity TV Boxes that have a remote with the setup button, you need to follow these steps to pair or program your remote.
- Switch the TV on and grab the remote for your Xfinity TV Box.
- Press and hold the Setup button until the LED indicator light changes from red to green.
- Now, using the number buttons on your remote, press 9, 9, and 1.
- The LED indicator light will flash a green light.
- All you need to do is to keep pressing the channel + button on the remote till your TV switches itself off.
- The minute your TV switches off, press the Setup button on the remote.
- This helps to lock the code for your TV. Test the power and volume buttons to see if they function properly.
Program XR15 Xfinity Remote Without Setup Button
- Switch your TV on and have the Xfinity TV Box remote with you.
- Now, press and hold the Xfinity and Mute buttons together for a few seconds.
- Release the buttons once the LED Indicator light changes from red to green.
- Now, you will have to open the Remote Code Lookup page to see the code for your particular TV model.
- The green light will flash twice if the correct code has been entered. If it’s wrong, the light will blink from red to green.
- Once you have sorted out the correct code, press the Power button on the remote.
- If your TV switches off and the volume and mute functions are working perfectly, then you are good to go.
- If the TV does not switch off when you press the power button, you mgi0ht have to enter the code or use another code to program the remote to your TV.
Program XR16 Remote With Voice Control
- Switch Xfinity TV Box and your TV on.
- If the remote is a new one, remove the tab present at the back of the remote.
- And finally, you need to press the Microphone button and say program Remote.
- The TV Box will take you to the setup page to program your remote. Simply follow the instructions displayed on the screen to programming the remote.
How to Program Xfinity Remote to TV [using the My Account App]
- Download the Xfinity My Account app on your Android or iOS device.
- Launch the app and sign in with your Xfinity account details.
- Now, tap on the TV icon followed by selecting your TV Box, and finally Setup Remote option.
- Now, select the model of the remote that you wish to program.
- When you select your remote, tap on Continue.
- You can choose between TV or Audio Device to begin programming the remote to your TV or Audio Device.
- That’s it.
And there you have it! Different ways that you can follow to program Xfinity remote to your TV or Audio Device. This is a simple and easy process and you should be able to do it quickly with the help of this guide. If you have queries or doubts, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.