Apple keeps improving security with every update for iPhones and iPads. And currently, iOS 14.6 is the latest update for iPhones available to the Public. And in case if you have already updated your iPhone, it is hard to Jailbreak. But luckily, it’s still possible to Jailbreak iPhones with iOS 14.6. Here in this guide, you will know how to Jailbreak iOS 14.6. You can follow this guide for iOS 14.5.
Jailbreak is an advance privilege that users can get on their iPhones. It brings support for a lot of advanced modules which helps in getting features that are not available by default. If you have used an Android phone then you can refer to Root as Jailbreak. Both are not exactly the same, but both unlock the features that are restricted by default.
There are some good exploits like Checkra1n and Unc0ver that allow users to Jailbreak their iPhones. If you Jailbreak your iPhone frequently then you know the trick which is not to update iPhones. With every update, the Jailbreak gets revoked and so users need to Jailbreak their iPhones again. And probably you need the working exploit for the new iOS version.
How to Jailbreak iOS 14.6
The latest iOS 14.6 comes with some new features and security updates. So, if you lose the Jailbreak privilege, you can still Jailbreak iPhones X and older iPhones. Here in this guide, we are going to use the Checkra1n for Jailbreaking iOS 14.6. This will not work on iPhone XS or newer phones. In case you have a newer iPhone running an older version of iOS, you can check out this guide. If not, follow the steps in this guide.
It’s a semi-tethered method so if you restart your iPhone, you may need to install Cydia again to Jailbreak your iPhone. Cydia will allow you to use tons of Tweaks to modify your iPhone. Below you can check the supported iPhones.
List of supported iPhones:
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6s
As of now, iPhones in the above list only support the Jailbreak method for iOS 14.6. In case you are using an older iOS version, then I will suggest not upgrading your iPhone. Make sure you follow all the steps mentioned including the prerequisites.
- Remove Touch ID, Passcode, Face ID, or any lock from your iPhone
- It will work for iPhones with A11 or older chips
- Make sure to take a full backup of your device
- It requires macOS or Linux based PC
- You can also use this guide for iOS 14.6 & older versions
Steps to Install Checkra1n on macOS
- Download the Checkra1n 0.12.4 or newer on your computer from the official site.
- Copy the file to your Mac and double click on the downloaded dmg file. Drag the Checkra1n to Application, and it will start installing. Replace the checkea1n if the older version is already installed.
- Before opening Checkra1n go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
- Now, in the General tab below, you will see about Checkra1n that it’s not from an identified developer. Click on Open Anyway.
- It will pop up a screen for confirmation, so click on Open.
- Now you can use the Checkra1n on your Mac.
The above instructions are for Mac. If you have a Linux, then you can easily install it like the other software.
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 14.6 with Checkra1n
- First run the Checkra1n on your Mac or Linux.
- Now connect your iPhone to your computer (Don’t use the dock for connecting). The Checkra1n will detect your device.
- And check if your device appears in Finder. If it asks to trust the device then click on the ‘Trust‘ button.
- You will see your device info on the Checkra1n. Click on Start to begin the Jailbreak process.
- If the Start button is greyed out then go to Options > select ‘Skip A11 BPR check’ (for A11 device only) & ‘Allow untested iOS/iPadOS/tvOS versions’ then try again step 4.
- Click on Next, and your iPhone will boot into ‘Recovery mode‘.
- Checkra1n will detect your phone in Recovery and provide instructions to boot into DFU mode.
- Following the steps, click on Start, then press & hold Volume down+ Side buttons together. After about 4 seconds, release the Side button and keep holding Volume down.
- You can release the Volume Down button once it shows the blue progress bar in Checkra1n.
- Wait for the process and once all done, the iPhone will boot into the system.
- Now unlock your iPhone and you will find the Checkra1n app on your App menu. Open the Checkra1n App. Also, make sure to connect your iPhone to the internet.
- In the Checkra1n, you will see Cydia, click on it and then click ‘Install Cydia.’
- After installing Cydia, open it from the App menu, and then go to the Changes section and Upgrade all selected modules.
- After upgrading modules, click on Restart SpringBoard.
Note: It is a semi-tethered method. So, each time you boot your iPhone, repeat the steps from opening Checkra1n on your macOS. You will not lose your data or customization through Cydia.
That’s all you have to follow to Jailbreak iOS 14.6. Now you can use Cydia which means your iPhone is Jailbroken. You can use all the apps and features that require Jailbreak privilege. You can customize your iPhone and you can also use various Cydia Modules for new features.
As you know iOS now comes with Widget, App drawer, and many other features. You can use different modules to get the most out of these features.
You May Also Like | 20 Awesome iOS 13 Jailbreak Tweaks You Should Try [iPhone & iPad]
So there you have it the complete guide on how to Jailbreak iOS 14.6 running iPhones. For more Jailbreak and iPhone guides, stay connected to YTECHB. And in case if you have any queries, let us know in the comment section below.