Apple has started implementing iOS 14.5 updates in the form of developer beta and public beta. And as soon as the first iOS 14.5 beta went live, some users already Jailbroken iPhones running on iOS 14.5 Beta. If you also want to Jailbreak your iOS 14.5 running iPhones then this guide is for you. Here you will know how to Jailbreak iOS 14.5.
Users can use this guide to Jailbreak iOS 14.5 beta as well as the public build of iOS 14.5. And as you may already know that currently there are no Jailbreak methods available for Jailbreaking latest iPhones with A12 or latest chips. So, this guide will only work with iPhones up to iPhone X. You can also say iPhones with A11 or older chips running on iOS 14.
Checkra1n is one of the popular exploits which is available for Jailbreaking iOS 14 for some iPhone models. Checkra1n or Unc0ver may soon release an update with support for the latest iPhones running on A12 or newer chips. But for now, if you have iPhone X or older iPhones with iOS 14, then you can Jailbreak your iPhone with this simple guide.
How to Jailbreak iOS 14.5
The jailbreak concept on iPhone is like rooting Android phones. It brings many customization options on iPhones with the help of popular Cydia modules. And as you know Apple added support for widgets and App icons from iOS 14. And so Jailbreaking iPhones will make this feature even more interesting.
Here in this guide, we will be using the latest version of the Checkra1n exploit to Jailbreak iPhones. For this method, you will need a Mac or a Linux PC. Below you can check if your device supports this method.
List of supported iPhones:
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6s
If you have an iPhone from the above list and want to Jailbreak your iPhone then you can follow this guide. But remember when you update your iPhone, it will remove the Jailbreak from your iPhone. Then you can follow the same steps to Jailbreak your iPhone again. We will break the guide into two sections for easy understanding. So, let’s start with the requirements.
- Remove Touch ID, Passcode, Face ID, or any lock from your iPhone
- It will work for iPhones with A11 or older chips
- Make sure to take a full backup of your device
- It requires macOS or Linux based PC
- You can also use this guide for iOS 14.5 & older versions
Steps to Install Checkra1n on macOS
- Download the Checkra1n 0.12.2 or newer on your computer.
- Double click on the downloaded dmg file and then drag the Checkra1n to Application, and it will start installing. Replace the checkea1n if the older version is already installed.
- Before opening Checkra1n go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
- Now, in the General tab below, you will see about Checkra1n that it’s not from an identified developer. Click on Open Anyway.
- It will pop up a screen for confirmation, so click on Open.
- Now you can use the Checkra1n on your Mac.
The above instructions are for Mac. If you have a Linux, then you can easily install it like the other software.
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 14.5 with Checkra1n
- Run the Checkra1n on your Mac or Linux.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer, and the Checkra1n will detect your device. Don’t use the dock for connecting.
- And check if you are able to see your device in Finder. If it asks to trust the device then click on the ‘Trust‘ button.
- You will see your device info on the Checkra1n. Click on Start to begin the Jailbreak process.
- If the Start button is greyed out then go to Options > select ‘Skip A11 BPR check’ (for A11 device only) & ‘Allow untested iOS/iPadOS/tvOS versions’ then try again step 4.
- On the next screen, click on Next, and your iPhone will boot into ‘Recovery mode‘.
- Checkra1n will detect your phone in Recovery and provide instructions to boot into DFU mode.
- Following the steps, click on Start, then press & hold Volume down+ Side buttons together. After about 4 seconds, release the Side button and keep holding Volume down.
- You can release the Volume Down button once it shows the blue progress bar in Checkra1n.
- Wait for the process and once all done, the iPhone will boot into the system.
- Now unlock your iPhone and you will find the Checkra1n app on your App menu. Open the Checkra1n App. Also, make sure to connect your iPhone to the internet.
- In the Checkra1n, you will see Cydia, click on it and then click ‘Install Cydia.’
- After installing Cydia, open it from the App menu, and then go to the Changes section and Upgrade all selected modules.
- After upgrading modules, click on Restart SpringBoard.
Note: It is a semi-tethered method. So each time you boot your iPhone repeat the steps from opening Checkra1n on your macOS. You will not lose your data or customization through Cydia.
After Jailbreaking iPhone or iPad, you can enjoy advanced features on your iPhone. To get popular features on your iPhone, you can use Cydia Modules. It also allows users to customize homescreen that makes the iPhone attractive and eye-catching.
As you know iOS comes with Widget, App drawer, and many other features. You can use different modules to get the most out of these features.
You May Also Like | 20 Awesome iOS 13 Jailbreak Tweaks You Should Try [iPhone & iPad]
So there you have it the complete guide on how to Jailbreak iOS 14.5 running iPhones. For more Jailbreak and iPhone guides, stay connected to YTECHB. And in case if you have any queries, let us know in the comment section below.