Apple released the iOS 14 to the public about a month ago with a lot of new features. It is undoubtedly the biggest major OS update in years from Apple. There are a lot of new features that you get to experience in the latest iOS 14 and Widget is the best feature in the update. It means you can now customize your iPhone’s home screen with Widgets, Wallpapers, and app icons. And to help you out here’s a guide to choose custom widgets. Here you will know how to create Custom Widgets on iPhones without Jailbreak.
Apple has done a great job by giving liberty for customization that allows users to use their phones as they want. For customization users had to Jailbreak their iPhones or iPads, but now it’s all easy with iOS 14 and iPadOS 14. The widget feature is available on Android for a long time and it was missing on Apple phones. But with this move from Apple, iPhone and iPad users are finally able to experience the same feature.
Although the iOS 14 comes with some widgets, but these are available in limited quantity and so for customization, you might need custom widgets. And so here we are with the guide to create or get custom widgets in iOS 14.
If you are active on Twitter and following the homescreen setup topic then you must have read or heard about the Custom Widget app called WidgetSmith. It is an iOS app that allows you to create or choose a custom widget for different homescreen setup. Before we head to the steps also check out the method to create custom iOS 14 App icons.
How to Download Widgetsmith App
Widgetsmith is a powerful widget customization app for iPhones and iPads. It has all types of widgets from small to large widgets.
With the help of Widgetsmith app, you can create date, weather, astronomy, calendar, health and other widgets to personalize your iPhone’s homescreen.
This is a trusted app and works without jailbreak on iPhones and iPads. You can get the Widgetsmith app directly from the Appstore. You can also use the link given below to directly go to the Widgetsmith app on Appstore and install on your device.
After downloading the app, you can easily personalize homescreen with the different widgets, custom app icons, and dual wallpapers. The app can be complex if you are using it for the first time so we have written a full guide for using the Widgetsmith app. You can follow the given method to know how to use Widgetsmith to get custom widgets in iOS 14.
Steps to Add Custom Widgets in iOS 14
- First, install the Widgetsmith app from the App store. You can also use the link given above.
- Open the app on your iPhone or iPad.
- It will present three widgets tiles separated by size (Small, Medium, Large).
- Now click on “Add Small Widget”. Select appropriate options for Medium and Large widgets.
- It will show the default widget, tap on it to start editing.
- Choose the style for widget setup from various available widgets.
- After selecting the style of your choice go back to the previous screen and tap on the Save button.
- Go to homescreen and long press to enable jiggle mode.
- Then click on the ‘+’ icon on the top left corner and look for Widgetsmith and tap on it.
- It will show small, medium, and large widget options. Select the correct widget size that you created and tap on the ‘Add Widget’ button.
- It will then place your recently designed widget on your homescreen. You can place the widget wherever you want on your homescreen.
Like this, you can also add different widgets in different sizes. Overall it gives full control to personalize your homescreen as you want.
There are some locked widgets that you can unlock by making in-app purchases. And that’s all you have to do for Custom Widgets in iOS 14 for iPhones and iPads. In upcoming updates you can expect more widget options in the app.
So there you have it, the complete guide on how to create custom widgets in iOS 14 using Widgetsmith app. For more iOS 14 customization guides stay connected to YTECHB. In case if you have any doubts, let us know in the comment section.