The long wait is finally over with the arrival of the latest unc0ver update. Yes, we are talking about the Jailbreak which you have already guessed with the word unc0ver. You can finally Jailbreak the latest flagship iPhones running iOS 14 up to iOS 14.3. iPhone 12 series, iPhone 11 series, and iPhones X series all support this method. If you have updated your iPhone to iOS 14.4 then you need to downgrade your iPhone. Here you will know how to Jailbreak iPhone 12 & iPhone 11.
Jailbreaking an iPhone allows users to enjoy advanced customization and features on iPhone. It is like rooting an Android phone but with fewer controls. Till now only up to iPhone X was possible to Jailbreak with the help of Checkra1n. And finally, after waiting for a long unc0ver team is here to help everyone with their new update. It allows Jailbreak of all the iPhones running till iOS 14.3.
If you don’t know, 80% of iPhones now run iOS 14. It means most of the users can easily Jailbreak and install Cydia on their iPhones. Another great thing about the unc0ver exploit is you don’t need to use a computer to Jailbreak your iPhone.
In this Jailbreak Guide, we are going to share two different methods. It will also work for users who don’t have a PC. So, let’s jump into the amazing guide.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 12 & iPhone 11 with Computer
Here in this guide, we will be explaining the method while using a Mac. But if you have a Windows PC then the steps will be almost similar. First, make sure to delete any update file if you have downloaded it from Software Updates. It will also work for other iPhones as well.
For Windows, you need to first install iCloud (enable iCloud Drive & Bookmarks when installing) and then iTunes on your PC. Download both apps from the official website. If you have already installed iTunes from the Windows App store then first remove it.
Note: The guide will only work for iPhones running iOS 14.3 or lower versions. So, make sure to downgrade your iPhone to enjoy Jailbreaking.
Steps to Install Alt Store with Computer
- Open the official Altstore website on your PC.
- Download the correct AltStore for your PC (macOS or Windows). If you have a Windows PC, jump to step 7.
- On your, Mac unzip the file and move the extracted file to the Applications folder. Now open the AltStore on your Mac.
- It will appear in the top status bar, so click on it and select ‘Install Mail Plug-in. Enter your password and install it.
- After installing it, open the Mail application on your Mac. Now from the status bar click on Mail > Preferences > Manage Plug-ins. Do not close the Mail application until you complete all the steps.
- Make sure the AltPlugin mail bundle is checked.
- Directly install the Altstore in case of Windows PC and open it.
- Now for both macOS and Windows, follow the same process. Connect your iPhone to your PC & make sure to trust the connection on iPhone and Computer.
- Open iTunes/Finder on your PC and open your iPhone from the left pane.
- Make sure to mark check ‘Show this iPhone when on Wi-Fi’. Sync the changes to apply. You can now disconnect your iPhone.
- Right-click the AltStore icon (from Taskbar in Mac & from System tray in Windows). And then choose Install AltStore > Your iPhone Name.
- Enter the details and select Continue in the pop-up screen.
- It will install the AltStore on your iPhone 12 or other iPhones.
Steps to Jailbreak iPhone 12/iPhone 11 with AltStore
Once you have AltStore on your iPhone, you are all set for Jailbreak steps. Follow the below steps to Jailbreak your iPhone and install Cydia.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Device Management and trust the Apple ID.
- Now you can open AltStore on your iPhone.
- Download the latest unc0ver exploit from the official site on your iPhone.
- On the AltStore select My Apps section and tap on the ‘+’ icon on the top left.
- Select the unc0ver file and it will install on your iPhone. Enter Apple ID if it asks for login.
- Now open unc0ver on your iPhone and tap on Jailbreak.
- The device will restart during the process so again tap on Jailbreak after the restart.
- After all 30 steps, it will respring and you will have Cydia installed on your iPhone.
That’s all, you have successfully Jailbroken your iPhone 12 or older model. You can run Cydia to make sure it runs as it should be. You can refresh the sign-in regularly from the AltStore when the certificate is about to expire. It will let you maintain the Jailbreak state on your iPhone.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 12 without Computer
If you have an iPhone but can’t access the computer to Jailbreak your iPhone. Then this guide is for you. You can Jailbreak any iPhone you have with this method. Although it is possible, we don’t recommend this method as it is not untethered so the Jailbreak will be gone once you reboot your iPhone. And then you need to repeat the same steps. But if you don’t mind, then you can follow the steps given below.
- You need a third-party app or profile like Zeus to get unc0ver on your iPhone.
- Download the Zeus profile from their official site (getzeus.app). Click on Get Zeus Now button to download it. Allow it for permission.
- Now go to Settings > Profile Downloaded. Select the Zeus profile and then tap on Install on top right. Follow the popup to install the profile.
- After installing the profile, go back to Settings and then go to WiFi. Tap on the ‘i’ button next to the WiFi to which your iPhone is connected.
- Scroll till last and tap on Configure Proxy. Change to Automatic and enter the below url and save it.
- Now enable the Airplane mode and then disable it.
- Open Zeus on your iPhone, ignore ads on the app. Click on unc0ver and then click on Install.
- It will start installing the latest Unc0ver that you can track on the Homepage.
- Once it is installed, go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management.
- Open the latest profile you will find under Enterprise App. And then Trust the app.
- Now open the unc0ver app on your iPhone and tap on the Jailbreak button.
- After completing a few steps, your iPhone will restart. Once again open the unc0ver app and tap on the Jailbreak button.
- It will then respring your iPhone after Jailbreak. Also you will find Cydia installed on your iPhone.
- Quickly enable and disable the Airplane mode before opening Cydia.
- That’s it, you have now Jailbroken iPhone 12, iPhone 11, or any iPhone you have running iOS 14.3 or lower.
Jailbreak brings many advanced features on iPhones that you can use to improve iPhone performance and productivity. Cydia is a powerful tool that lets you install various Cydia Modules for customization and more features.
So that’s all for the guide on how to Jailbreak iPhone 12 or other iPhones with or without a computer. Soon we may also get to see the Jailbreak method for iOS 14.4 and newer. And we will share once it is available. In case if you have any doubts regarding the guide, then let us know in the comment section.