Are you looking for a custom recovery for the Galaxy S20 series smartphone? If yes then we are glad to share that the unofficial TWRP Recovery is now available for Galaxy S20 phones. Here you will get to download TWRP for Galaxy S20 along with the brief installation guide.
Samsung Galaxy S20 series is one of the best flagship series from Samsung released this year. Like other flagship devices from Samsung, the Galaxy S20 series also comes with different processors depending on the region. So if you have any Galaxy S20 phone then you either have Snapdragon 865 or Exynos 990 processor depending on the region. And if you don’t know, in most regions Galaxy S20 phones bootloader can’t be unlocked for the Snapdragon variant. But if you have an Exynos model then you can easily modify your device without restriction. It means you can also get a custom Recovery on your phone.
Luckily the unofficial build of TWRP is now available for Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 ultra. We will share TWRP advantages later in this guide. But first, let’s give you more information about the unofficial TWRP for Galaxy S20. The unofficial build is ported by geiti94 an XDA senior member and known for amazing custom development works. This build is almost near to stable but as per the process it needs to be tested by users first.
Download TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S20 Phones
TWRP Recovery is the best custom recovery so far for Android smartphones. It comes with a lot of advanced features that are generally used by testers and developers. And it makes sense to replace stock recovery with TWRP as in Stock Recovery we only get some basic options like format, reboot to different partitions and a few more. But if you want advanced features such as full system backup, flashing zip and image files, format partition, and lot more. You can go through the list of advantages given below.
TWRP Recovery features:
- Flash Custom ROMs
- Flash Magisk and other zip files
- Image flasher
- Advanced format options
- Enable/Disable MTP
- Mount Storage
- Partition SD Card
- ADB Sideload
- Terminal access
Like this, there are more features that you will find while using TWRP recovery.
Now you have enough information to choose a custom recovery over the default stock recovery. And if you choose to go for TWRP Recovery then you can download the correct TWRP file for your phone from the link given below.
- TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S20 Series (Download)
If you have used TWRP recovery before, then you must be aware of the installation process. But users who are going to try TWRP recovery for the first time then you need a detailed guide. And so we have also included the installation guide that you can follow to get TWRP on your Samsung Galaxy S20 device. But first, check out requirements that contain important instructions for installing TWRP on Galaxy S20.
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Make sure Galaxy S20 bootloader is unlocked (Guide)
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your Windows PC (Download Platform Tools for macOS/Linux)
- Download Odin Flash Tool
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S20
- First, check the OEM unlocking status in Developer Options. It must be greyed out if the bootloader is unlocked.
- Extract the Odin zip file and run the Odin Tool application on your computer.
- Copy the downloaded TWRP Recovery tar file to your computer.
- Now Power off your phone. And Reboot your Galaxy S20 in the Download Mode.
- Once your phone boot into Download mode, connect it to your PC using a USB cable.
- Odin tool will recognize your phone and show Blue color near the ID: COM.
- In the Odin Tool click on the AP tab and load the TWRP Recovery tar file.
- Now click on the Start button. While flashing press and hold Volume Up + Power keys together until the device boot into TWRP Recovery.
- In TWRP Recovery go to Wipe > Format, then type yes and press enter.
- Now reboot your phone and enjoy the latest TWRP Recovery on Samsung S20 phone.
Remember the development will be taken place for the Exynos model. And the TWRP is only available for the Exynos model so if you have a Snapdragon variant then you can’t install the TWRP Recovery as Samsung does not allow Snapdragon model to be unlocked.
So there you have it the complete guide on how to download TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S20 Phones along with its installation guide. In case if you have any queries then let us know in the comment section.