Realme has recently released its official flash tool, which is free for everyone and so we can see a significant boost in custom development. It means if you are using a Realme phone, then you can expect many custom ROMs for your phone. But for flashing ROMs and other files, you need a custom recovery. And luckily, developers have already modded the TWRP Recovery for Realme 6 Pro. Here you get to download TWRP for Realme 6 Pro along with a guide on how to install TWRP on Realme 6 Pro.
The unlock tool for Realme 6 Pro is already available, and so the modification and writing on Systems are now possible. And if you like to try different Custom ROMs, then after unlocking bootloader you need TWRP Recovery to flash Custom ROMs on your phone. There are many reasons to switch from Realme UI to custom ROMs like bloatware, Ads, and more. Realme promised to give stock experience on Realme UI, but it is nowhere close to Stock Android. But we can use Custom ROMs to get any UI that we want.
Realme 6 Pro TWRP Recovery
Realme 6 Pro is a mid-range beast, and with a clean and fast UI, it can even beat many high-end phones. And it can be done using custom ROMs, which also gives advantages if the company has dropped the updates for your device. With Custom ROMs, you can experience the latest Android versions. TWRP Recovery is a powerful Recovery that comes with a full list of features along with flashing Custom ROMs.
It is an advanced recovery that is totally different than the stock recovery, which comes by default on all the Android phones. TWRP Recovery can also get working any dead phones in just a few minutes. If you have TWRP recovery on your phone, then you don’t have to worry about boot loop, new updates, backup, and all. You can easily fix bootloop, install new updates, and you can take backup with TWRP Recovery.
Below are some features of TWRP Recovery for Realme 6 Pro that makes it stand out in top compared to the stock recovery.
TWRP Recovery Features
- Flash Custom ROMs and other Zip files
- Create a full system backup and restore
- Rooting Android Phones
- System partition
- Advanced format options
- ADB Sideload
- Enable/Disable MTP
- and more
So these are a few main features of TWRP Recovery that make it the best custom recovery for Android phones. Now that you are aware of the TWRP working features, let get to the next section where you get to download the TWRP Recovery for your device.
Download TWRP Recovery for Realme 6 Pro
Realme 6 Pro users are lucky as many Realme phones released before Realme 6 Pro have not received any custom recovery. All credit goes to nullxception, who is a member of XDA, and thanks for his amazing work. You can praise him for his work on his profile page. It is an unofficial version but working great without any major bugs. It can take many months to get the official TWRP, and even it may not release. You can download the TWRP Recovery using the download link given below.
You can get updates here.
After downloading the TWRP Recovery file for your device, you can install it on your phone. But before making any big changes, it is always recommended to go through below given points.
- Make sure bootloader unlocked on Realme 6 Pro (Guide)
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on your computer
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Realme 6 Pro
After following the above points, you can go through this guide to install TWRP on your phone.
- Extract the downloaded TWRP Zip file on your computer.
- Then copy all the files from the extracted folder to C:\adb location on your PC.
- Rename the latest TWRP recovery image file as twrp.img for easy command process. Also rename the patched vbmeta file to vbmeta.img.
- Now turn off your phone and then boot your phone into Fastboot mode. To boot into Fastboot mode, long press Volume Down + Power button together.
- Release both buttons when the device boot into Fastboot mode. Now connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- In the C:\adb path rename the patch/address to CMD and press enter, and it will open CMD or Command window.
- Now enter the below commands one by one to install TWRP Recovery on your phone.
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- The above command will install the TWRP Recovery on your phone, and now you can boot your phone to TWRP Recovery using the below command.
fastboot reboot recovery
- Now you can use the TWRP on your device.
Note: *In case after installing TWRP Recovery, if it replaced by stock recovery, then you need to follow the same process, but this time, flash the OF_avb_patcher file that is available in the TWRP zip file.
That’s it now you have installed the TWRP Recovery on your Realme 6 Pro. You can now boot into the system directly from the TWRP reboot option.
Do you want to flash Custom ROMs using TWRP?
In case if you want to know the process to flash custom ROMs, then you can use the below method. It will give you a full in-depth installation process for safe flashing.
How to Flash Custom ROMs on Realme 6 Pro
- First, download and copy the custom ROM zip file on your phone.
- Then power off your phone. And boot into TWRP Recovery. Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together.
- Release both buttons when the device noot into Recovery mode. To boot into TWRP Recovery, you can try ADB or Fastboot command.
- In the TWRP Recovery, click on the Install button and then select the Custom ROM zip file.
- After that, swipe the slider to flash Custom ROM on your device.
- Now reboot your phone into the system and enjoy custom ROMs.
That’s all you have to follow for Installing a custom ROM through a TWRP Recovery.
Do you want to flash Stock ROM?
The TWRP also allows users to switch back to stock Realme UI if they want. You can simply flash the correct OZip file, but it will also remove the TWRP Recovery. If you want to keep the TWRP Recovery on your phone, then follow the below steps.
- Copy stock ROM ozip file, patched vbmeta.img, and OF_avb_patcher zip file to your phone.
- Reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery.
- Now in the TWRP Recovery flash the stock ROM zip file.
- Then go back to TWRP home and then click on Install > Install Image and select the patched vbmeta.img and install the image file.
- Now flash the OF_avb_patcher.zip file with the regular method.
- That’s it now you can reboot your phone into the system and enjoy stock ROM.
- You can also flash Magisk using the TWRP Recovery if you want to root your phone.
That’s all for the guide on TWRP Recovery for Realme 6 Pro. In case if you have questions, then let us know in the comment section.