If you want to flash Firmware/Stock ROM on MediaTek devices through PC, then you need SP Flash Tool. And here you get to download SP Flash Tool for Windows.
Flashing firmware, custom recoveries, root files are common nowadays and sometimes we brick our phones. So if you are looking to fix bricked phone, bootloop issue, or phone stuck at logo problem then the only easy solution is to flash the firmware. For this method, you need to download SP Flash Tool for Windows 10/8/7. So if you have a phone with MediaTek chipset then you should use SP Flash Tool, it will help you to upgrade and downgrade your phone.
Last Updated on 16/07/2019 @ 21:00 PM IST – Added new versions of SP Flash Tool (v5.1844, v5.1904, v5.1912, v5.1916). Now it supports more MediaTek Phones and bugs are removed.
What is SP Flash Tool?
SP Flash Tool or SmartPhone Flash Tool is a utility tool to flash the firmware, custom recoveries, root files and other scatter files on MediaTek devices. It is also recommended in case of upgrading or downgrading MediaTek device firmware. The tool is used to fix bricked phones, phones with bootloop errors.
Nowadays it is no big deal to brick your phone because most of the user try to root their phones. And tools like SP flash tool are available which can fix these type of error in minutes. So, if you want to learn how to use the SP flash tool then you can find the guide just after the download link.
SP Flash Tool – Features
- Flash Firmware/Stock ROM: SP Flash Tool allows users to flash firmware or stock ROM on Android Phones & Tablets powered with MediaTek chipset.
- Flash Recovery: It allows users to flash custom recoveries like TWRP Recovery on MediaTek based Android phones. The process for installing a custom recovery is similar to flashing firmware.
- Multiple Flashing Options: The tool has multiple options for flashing firmware. It has Download Mode which used to flash firmware and erase all the data and Firmware upgrade to update phones without data loss.
- Format MTK Phones: It has the option to format or reset any MTK based phones. The process is very easy just connect your phone and format the data.
- Unbrick MTK Phones: If you have bricked your MTK based phone then flash firmware using SP Flash Tool to unbrick your phone.
Download SP Flash Tool
Till now many version of the tool has been released and also many versions are going to release so we will share the latest version along with some older versions for user convenience. However, you should first try the latest version will have the advantage of supporting new MediaTek powered phones. And if latest version doesn’t work then try older versions.
- SP Flash Tool v5.1916 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.1912 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.1904 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.1844 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.1836 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.1828 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.1824 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.1820 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.1816 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.1812 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.1804 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.1752 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.1744 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.1728 – Download
How to Flash Firmware with SP Flash Tool
One good thing about the tool is that you don’t have to install the tool. You can directly open SP Flash Tool from the downloaded folder and then you are good to use it. But the use of the tool is not easy, hence you need a guide.
Steps to Flash Firmware on MediaTek Phones
- Download and extract the SP Flash Tool. And make sure to install the required drivers.
Step 2: Enable USB debugging on your phone. Follow the guide if you don’t know how to enable USB Debugging.
Step 3: Download firmware you need to flash and extract the firmware using WinRAR or WinZip.
Step 4: Turn off your phone. Remove the battery if it’s removable.
Step 5: Open flash_tool.exe from the SP Flash Tool folder.
Step 6: Click on Scatter-loading and locate the scatter file ( you can find it in the extracted firmware folder > Firmware). The file name will be like MTXXXX_Android_scatter.txt.
Step 7: In drop down option select the Download Only. For upgrading firmware select firmware upgrade. Click on Download. Make sure that all files are ticked.
Step 8: Now connect your phone with PC via USB cable. Leave the battery removed if it is removable.
Step 9: Now the download progress will begin, so wait for the success message.
Step 10: After the success message, remove the USB and turn on the phone.
Setup the phone and that’s all. Now you have successfully flashed firmware on your phone using SP Flash tool. So this way you can also fix bricked phones or phones on bootloop.