If you want to flash Firmware/Stock ROM on MediaTek devices through PC, then all you need is SP Flash Tool. It is a tool pack with multiple features that allow users to easily manage their smartphones. Here you can download SP Flash Tool latest version and some previous releases.
Flashing firmware, custom recoveries, root files are common nowadays, and sometimes during the process, we brick our phones. But don’t worry there are useful tools like SP Flash Tool that let you easily fix your Smartphone. So, if you want to fix bricked phone, bootloop issue, or phone stuck at logo problem then the easy solution is to flash the firmware. And to flash firmware, you need SP Flash Tool. The tool works perfectly for smartphones with MediaTek chipset. And if you have one MediaTek phone then you should use SP Flash Tool, it will also help you with upgrade and downgrade.
What is SP Flash Tool?
SP Flash Tool or SmartPhone Flash Tool is a utility tool to flash the firmware, custom recoveries, root files and other scatter files on MediaTek devices. It is also recommended in case of upgrading or downgrading MediaTek device firmware. The tool is used to fix bricked phones, phones with bootloop errors.
Nowadays it is common to brick your phone because most of us try to root our phones. And tools like the SP flash tool are available which can fix this type of error in minutes. So, if you want to learn how to use the SP flash tool and want to download SP Flash Tool.
SP Flash Tool – Features
- Flash Firmware/Stock ROM: SP Flash Tool allows users to flash firmware or stock ROM on Android Phones & Tablets powered with MediaTek chipset.
- Flash Recovery: It allows users to flash custom recoveries like TWRP Recovery on MediaTek based Android phones. The process for installing a custom recovery is similar to flashing firmware.
- Multiple Flashing Options: The tool has multiple options for flashing firmware. It has Download Mode which used to flash firmware and erase all the data and Firmware upgrade to update phones without data loss.
- Format MTK Phones: It has the option to format or reset any MTK based phones. The process is very easy just connect your phone and format the data.
- Unbrick MTK Phones: If you have bricked your MTK based phone then flash firmware using SP Flash Tool to unbrick your phone.
Download SP Flash Tool
Till now many versions of the SP Flash tool have been released. It is an active project so expect new releases frequently. Here we will share the latest version along with some older versions for user convenience. However, you should first try the SP Flash tool latest version as it will have the advantage over the previous version. The latest version supports new smartphones. And in case if latest version of SP Flash Tool doesn’t work then try older versions.
- SP Flash Tool v5.2112 – Download (Latest)
- SP Flash Tool v5.2104 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.2052 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.2044 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.2036 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.2032 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.2028 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.2020 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.2016 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.1916 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.1912 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.1904 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.1844 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.1836 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.1828 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.1824 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.1820 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.1816 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.1812 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.1804 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.1752 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.1744 – Download
- SP Flash Tool v5.1728 – Download
How to Flash Firmware with SP Flash Tool
One more good thing about the tool is that you don’t have to install the tool. You can directly open SP Flash Tool from the downloaded folder and then you are good to go. But using SP Flash tool is not easy, but you can check out the guide below.
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Make sure the phone is charged to at least 50% to avoid interruption
- Download Firmware or Stock ROM for your MediaTek phone
- Install VCOM Driver and the specific driver of your mobile
Steps to Flash Firmware on MediaTek Phones
Step 1: Download and extract the SP Flash Tool. And make sure to install the required drivers.
Step 2: Enable USB debugging on your phone. Follow the guide if you don’t know how to enable USB Debugging.
Step 3: Download the firmware you need to flash and extract the firmware using WinRAR or WinZip.
Step 4: Turn off your phone. Remove the battery if it’s removable.
Step 5: Open flash_tool.exe from the SP Flash Tool folder.
Step 6: Click on Scatter-loading and locate the scatter file ( you can find it in the extracted firmware folder > Firmware). The file name will be like MTXXXX_Android_scatter.txt.
Step 7: In the drop-down options select Download Only. For upgrading firmware select firmware upgrade. Click on Download. Make sure that all files are ticked.
Step 8: Now connect your phone with PC via USB cable. Leave the battery removed if it is removable.
Step 9: Now the download progress will begin, so wait for the success message.
Step 10: After the success message, remove the USB and turn on the phone.
Setup the phone and that’s all. Now you have successfully flashed firmware on your phone using the SP Flash tool. So, this way you can also fix bricked phones or phones on bootloop.