Doing experiment with your Redmi Note 4 lately and mistakenly bricked Redmi Note 4. Then don’t worry we have a solution to unbrick Redmi Note 4 or fix Bootloop on Redmi Note 4. Just follow the easy tutorial and you will fix your device at your home.
If your device is stuck at Mi logo or simply we can say your device is in bootloop. Then this post will help you to get your device out of bootloop. This usually happens when trying to root, flash custom ROM, changing build prop file in a wrong way. I have experienced this issue once when I was installing chainfire 3D and had no idea about it and I don’t know what I did but it bricked my Redmi Note 4. And this method worked well and I did fix my Redmi Note 4.
If you are facing issues like:
- Bricked Redmi Note 4
- Redmi Note 4 Stuck at Mi logo
- Redmi Note 4 bootloop
- Dead Redmi Note 4
- Redmi Note 4 not opening
- Redmi Note 4 not switching on
- Cannot flash ROM in Redmi Note 4 using Recovery
- Deleted both custom and official Recovery
then this post is surely for you. Once you have followed all the procedures which are given below then you will be able to fix all of these issues. This will renew your device completely and you will not be able to recover any data on your phone. And this is the only way to fix bootloop in Redmi Note 4 or Unbrick Redmi Note 4. If your device stuck at boot logo, it means everything is gone including OS, data, and everything. This is the reason that the device stuck at Boot logo and we call it Bricked or Bootloop.
Unbrick Redmi Note 4 & Fix Bootloop in Redmi Note 4
You don’t have to go to any shop to fix it and waste money. You can do it on your own using your PC or laptop. This method will work with all Xiaomi devices so if you have another Xiaomi phone with bootloop problem then you can also fix them using this post.
It will also work for both Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon or Redmi Note 4 MediaTek variant. No wonder that it is going to take some time to complete all the process mainly depends on your internet connectivity.
Here you will learn:
- How to unbrick Redmi Note 4.
- How to flash Redmi Note 4.
- Fix Bootloop in Redmi Note 4.
- How to install ADB & Fastboot driver.
- How to install Mi flash tool.
- How to Download Redmi Note 4 fastboot ROM.
- How to download Redmi Note 4 stock ROM.
- How to flash Redmi Note 4 firmware.
All of this is going to be covered in this post.
- Laptop or PC.
- Internet Connection.
- USB Cable.
- ADB and Fastboot Driver.
- Mi Flash tool.
- Global stable ROM of your device.
- ADB & Fastboot driver for Redmi Note 4.
- Mi Flash Tool.
- Global Stable ROM – Redmi Note 4 Fastboot ROM.
- Global Stable ROM for other Xiaomi Devices (to unbrick other Xiaomi device).
Download only Fastboot stable ROM for this process which will be in tgz format.
1. Download & Install ADB Driver on PC
This is a very important step because it links your phone with the computer. If you do not have ADB driver installed on your PC, then your PC will not detect your phone and so you will not able to Unbrick Redmi Note 4. I assume that you have downloaded the ADB & Fastboot driver from the given link.
After downloading the Driver exe file, Right click on the file and Run it as administrator. A pop up will come asking for administrator authority click on yes. Then a terminal will open where you have to perform specific commands to install Drivers. It will ask to enter Y/N as commands.
Do you want to install ADB and Fastboot? (Y/N): Enter Y and press enter.
Install ADB system-wide? (Y/N): Enter Y and press enter.
Do you want to install device drivers? (Y/N): Enter Y and press enter.
A new pop up window will open, their click on next and then finish.
Now the terminal will show All Done! message. Then close the terminal window. This is all for installing ADB driver on PC. Now you will be able to connect your phone with PC.
2. Install Mi Flash Tool on PC
This is the tool to flash firmwares on Xiaomi devices. The tool will let flash Redmi Note 4 firmware or Redmi Note 4 fastboot ROM. So this is a mandatory tool for this process. To install MI Flash Tool first download it from the link given above.
Double click on setup and click Next. Then remember the location where it is going to install, you can also provide a custom location but I will recommend going with default location. Then click Next and again Next. It will start the installing process wait for a few seconds and a pop up will appear with a firewall warning. Just allow the access to install. After a few seconds later Mi Flash tool will be installed successfully.
Remember this will create a folder to the location that you have provided. If you have not changed the installing location then it will in C drive by default with folder name as XiaoMi.
3. Download Redmi Note 4 Fastboot ROM
Fastboot Rom is always different for the different set of Smartphones. Like for Redmi Note 4, Fastboot ROM will be different than the fastboot ROM for Redmi Note 5. Download link is given above for all the Xiaomi phones. Fastboot ROM is also known as Firmware and Stock ROM.
Open Link and search for your device and download Global Stable version fastboot ROM. Fastboot ROMs are mostly in tgz format which can be extracted using WinRAR or another zip opener which I will explain later. Fastboot ROMs can only be flashed using Mi Flash Tool.
4. Flash Redmi Note 4 Fastboot ROM
If you miss any of the steps then the device will again go to the bootloop so follow the steps carefully. After downloading all the files from the link given above follow steps below.
- Extract Fastboot ROM file using any file extractor.
- Then make sure that in the extracted folder there is another folder named image.
- Now open Mi flash tool in your PC from C: > XiaoMi > XiaoMiFlash.exe.
- Switch off your device by pressing the power button for about 4-5 seconds. Then boot into Fastboot mode (press and hold volume down+power button).
- Connect Xiaomi phone with PC using USB cable.
- Now go back to Mi flash tool and click on refresh. Then an entry will be visible in Mi flash too it means your device is successfully connected.
- Open the extracted fastboot ROM folder where you will see image folder. Don’t open image folder just copy the location.
- And paste the location in Mi flash tool or just click on select and locate to the fastboot ROM folder.
- Then select clean all at the bottom of the tool.
- And at last click on flash. It will take around 3-5 minutes, so wait for a few minutes.
- It will now show the successful message after flashing, it will automatically reboot your device. If not do it manually and done.
This will unbrick Redmi Note 4 & fix bootloop in Redmi Note 4. Now you can enjoy using your phone again with the latest Firmware. So this way you can also update your device if you are not getting it officially. Just download latest Redmi Note 4 firmware or any other phones firmware.
I hope this post was helpful for you and if you have any problem with steps then ask us through the comment section or facebook. We will try to help you out with the bootloop problem.