You are probably here because your Nexus 6P stuck in bootloop! When users saw this first, then they are like, What the Hell happened with their phone. This tutorial helps you to Fix Nexus 6P Bootloop Issue.
Most Android Nougat & Oreo users are facing the “Bootloop of Death” issue on their Nexus 6P. So, If you’re one of the users who face the issue on their phone, then there is no need to worry more because one of the XDA member (XCnathan32) has come up with the solution. Well, the solution process works on both Nexus 6P & Nexus 5X. So, take a look on step by step guide to fix Nexus 6P Bootloop.
BLOD (Bootloop of Death) Issue on Nexus 6P & Nexus 5X – What’s This?
This issue seems to the Google Nexus 6P & Nexus 5X users from 2016. BLOD makes the phone useless and users are ready to flush out their phone to a Garbage box. But, wait this solution is one of the best ways to make your phone again useful. This “Bootloop of Death” restart your device again and again and hangs on the Google logo for 2-3 seconds and again restart it again.
Well, the users are experiencing this BLOD device issue and they didn’t understand what to do now. But, Google responds to this on Reddit and made a statement for the small number of users who are facing this kind of issue. Anyhow, the software on anything has different issues which detected by the users or the company itself. Sometimes the issues come with the software updates and they may also be solved by the software issue, so keep update your phone to the latest software. Well, the Google said, “For those of you that are currently experiencing this, please contact your place of purchase for warranty or repair options“.
The process of solving this issue is quite simple, so follow the steps carefully.
The Way to Fix Nexus 6P Bootloop Issue
As I said earlier, The XCnathan32 with his fellow rchtk easily bypass the bootloop issue or fault for the users, but this is not a final solution to the problem. This is the method to bypass the issue and the user’s Nexus 6P again seems with BLOD device issue. So, The senior member squabbi provides one more solution, which one is easier than the first one. In the last, XDA helps the users to fix the bootloop issue. So, no need to think more about your Nexus 6P bootloop fix or Nexus 5X, I have found the easiest solution available for you.
Well, the issue is because of the A57 SoC chip, so we can disable the A57 SoC, which is the primary reason for BLOD. After fixing your phone with this tutorial your device runs on A53 SoC, which works fine for the users. This is the simplest process by which you can easily fix your Google Nexus in just 5-10 minutes. However, the Google is still won’t able to address the issue.
So, without wasting too much time, let’s dive into the detailed process. This method is working in 2018 [Tested/Solved].
- You need to charge your phone more than 30%
- Install all the required drivers on your PC
- Also, Install the ADB & Fastboot Tools on your PC, which helps you to unlock the bootloader.
Things You Need to Download:
- Nexus 6P Modified TWRP: twrp-3.2.1-0-fbe-4core-angler.img
- Nexus 5X Modified TWRP: twrp-3.2.1-0-fbe-4core-bullhead.img
- Workaround Injector: N5X-6P_BLOD_Workaround_Injector_Addon-AK2-signed.zip
How to Fix Nexus 6P Bootloop Issue
- At first, you need to download the Modified TWRP files on your PC.
- Then store the files in C:\adb folder or you can store where the ADB stored on your system.
- Now, you need to right click in the folder itself and then click on Open PowerShell windows here (by holding Shift key & right-click at the same time).
- After doing this, Boot your Nexus 6P or 5X into the bootloader menu by holding the Volume down key & power key simultaneously.
- Simply, Connect your phone to the system via USB Cable.
- Open the already opened PowerShell and type “adb devices” their.
- Now enter another command “fastboot devices” in the PowerShell. This will show the device ID. If the device ID is not shown, this is because of the drivers you need to install the drivers very carefully.
- Must unlock the bootloader by this command
fastboot flashing unlock
- After entering the upper command, the new window popup on your smartphone. This is the way to unlock the bootloader. You need to choose the “Yes” option for theirs.
- Now we are going to flash the modified TWRP Recovery on the phone
- Nexus 5X:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-0-fbe-4core-bullhead.img
- Nexus 6P:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-0-fbe-4core-angler.img
- Nexus 5X:
- Make sure your phone is connected with PC.
- Press the volume keys till you see the Recovery mode on your phone.
- Under the TWRP mode, Go to ‘Advanced‘ > ‘ADB Sideload‘ and swipe the confirmation button.
- At last, you need to enter the command to install workaround injector:
adb sideload N5X-6P_BLOD_Workaround_Injector_Addon-AK2-signed.zip
- It will flash your phone. After flashing restart your phone.
- That’s it.
You May Like This – How to Install Android Pie on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
When your phone starts, this may take some time for the first time. But after that, it works fine. Well, This is one of the easiest and the final solution to fix Nexus 6P bootloop. Till now, If you’re facing the issue let me know in the comment section.
See This – How to Enable USB Debugging on Android Pie
If your friend also tackles with the same problem, don’t forget to share this article with your friend.