If you want to flash custom ROMs or custom recovery on Samsung devices the one tool called Odin is required. Odin is a flash tool for Samsung Android devices like Galaxy J7, J7 Prime, S8, S9, Note 9, J5 etc. So here we are going to provide links to Download Odin on Windows. And also some tutorial on how to use Odin flash tool.
Odin flash tool is available for Windows platform, for particular we can say it works on Windows 7,8 and 10. So to use Odin the use of PC is necessary. But if you have installed TWRP on Samsung device using Odin then you won’t have to use Odin again and again. Odin can be used to fix boot loop issues or any other problem on Samsung devices.
What is Odin?
Odin is a Samsung flash tool which is required for any system modifications like installing custom recoveries, flashing custom ROMs and rooting Samsung Android phones. So if you want to perform any of these tasks on a Samsung phone then you have to use Odin. It is easy to install and use. Once you have learned how to use Odin it is for sure that from next time you would be able to flash files on Samsung phones on your own without any help.
Odin will only work with Samsung devices. And to use Odin there are also some requirements or the necessary steps to be performed before using Odin which you will know later in this post. First, let’s move to the links to Download Odin flash tool.
Download Odin (Samsung Flash Tool)
Odin v3.13.1 – Download
Odin v3.12.10 – Download
Odin v3.12.7 – Download
Odin v3.12.5 – Download
Odin v3.12.4 – Download
Odin v3.12.3 – Download
Odin v3.11.1 – Download
Odin v3.10.7 – Download
Odin v3.10.6 – Download
You can choose any specific version and download Odin flash tool for PC. But if you want to flash custom ROMs on Samsung devices in Mac or Linux OS then you can use Heimdall flash tool.
How to Install Odin Flash Tool on PC
Once the Odin download completed as a zip file on your PC, then follow the given steps to use it. Actually, we don’t need to Install Odin flash tool on PC. We can just run the Odin ‘exe‘ file.
- Extract the Zip file using a zip opener like WinRAR.
- Then open the extracted folder.
- In the folder, you will find the ‘Odin.exe‘ file.
- Just double click on the exe file and run it.
- You can also run it as an administrator which is recommended.
That’s all now you can use the Samsung flash tool for any task supported by it. Below are some drivers and settings you need to look before using & download Odin flash tool.
- Enable developer option
- Enable OEM unlocking
- Turn on USB debugging
- Install ADB & Fastoot drivers on PC
- Install latest Samsung USB drivers on PC
- Make sure that phone is charged at least 50%
How to use Odin Flash Tool to Root Samsung Devices
One of the main advantages of the Odin flash tool is that we can easily root our devices without using any recovery or any third party App. Also, the rooting procedure is easy and effective for Samsung devices.
Note: Make sure to take a backup before flashing any file. Because maybe by any chance you did the wrong step then it can brick your device.
After Download Odin Flash Tool & Installation. Make sure that you have followed the instruction which is given above. Those are some necessary parts of the procedure.
- Open the ‘Odin.exe‘ file as an administrator.
- Then download the ‘CF-auto root file’ for your device. Make sure to extract it if it is in zip format.
- In Odin select AP and click on AP and load the auto root file (.md5 format).
- Turn off your Samsung device and then press and hold ‘Volume down + power + home button’ to boot into downloading mode.
- It may give warning while booting in downloading mode so press ‘volume up’ in that case. Connect the device with PC using the USB cable.
- It will give a message in the log section as ‘Added‘ and also show 0[COM] in ID COM section.
- Now click on Start and wait for the completion.
- Your phone will automatically reboot. That’s it! now you have rooted Samsung phone successfully.
How to use Odin Flash Tool to Install TWRP Recovery
Samsung Mobile flash tool is also used for installing TWRP recovery by flashing TWRP zip file. Download the TWRP zip file (.tar or .zip) for a particular device from TeamWin official site.
To download the latest TWRP recovery for your phone first install the TWRP app on your phone and then select your device and download the latest TWRP recovery. Also, transfer the zip or tar file to PC for further steps.
To install the TWRP recovery follow the same procedure as mentioned in the steps in rooting guide. But in AP you have to select the TWRP zip or tar file. Then you can flash it same as the root file.
This will install the TWRP recovery on your device. To boot into recovery press and hold Volume Up+power+home button.
How to Flash Custom ROM using Odin Flash Tool
After Download Odin Flash Tool, Make sure to take a full backup of your phone before installing any firmware or custom ROM on Samsung devices.
First Download firmware file for your device from any trusted source – SAMMOBILE
- Extract the downloaded firmware file.
- In Odin flash tool click on BL and load BL file. Similarly for AP, CP, and CSC. You may have to wait for loading files.
- Power off your phone and press and hold Vol down+power+home button and boot into Downloading mode. Press volume up if it shows a warning.
- Then connect the device using the USB cable. In the log file ‘added‘ message will show.
- Now click on start. It can take several minutes, so wait for completion.
- At last, it will give a success message and the phone will automatically boot into the system.
So flashing firmware files you can update your device OS manually and also you can fix boot loop problem all by using Oding Samsung flash tool. To take full advantage of Odin just Download Odin and start flashing files.
If you acquainted with any error during, Download Odin flash tool, let me know in the comment section.
Related to Root & Custom Rom: