MediaTek USB VCOM Driver is used to connect MediaTek Smartphones with Windows PC. The Driver is needed for many tasks like installing the firmware on a bricked device and more. If you are looking forward to executing such tasks you can use VCOM Drivers. Here you can Download MediaTek USB VCOM Drivers for Windows with an installation guide.
What are VCOM Drivers?
VCOM Drivers are specific USB Drivers to detect MediaTek phones on Windows-based computers. The driver allows users to flash Firmware on bricked phones and also allows modifications of MediaTek phones. It helps Windows PC to detect MediaTek phones even without a battery.
So, if you have a phone with a MediaTek chipset, you should use MTK VCOM Driver on your PC for any modification by different tools.
- Windows 7 (32/64 bit)
- Windows 8 (32/64 bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32/64 bit)
- Windows 10 (32/64 bit)
- Windows 11
Download VCOM Driver
The VCOM driver is a small utility driver (in kb’s) yet very useful. And if you want to flash firmware or any other functions on MediaTek based phones, use the below link to download MTK VCOM USB Driver on Windows PC.
The VCOM Driver is for Windows 10 32 bit and Windows 10 64 bit operating systems along with other Windows versions. After downloading the driver, follow the given guide to install VCOM Driver on your PC. The installation process is different than common executable files. So, it is recommended to follow the guide.
How to Install MediaTek VCOM Drivers on Windows PC
Check out the Windows version (32 bit or 64 bit) in the system properties. And if you have Windows 10 64 bit, then you have first to disable driver signature enforcement. No need to disable driver signature enforcement on Windows 10 32 bit.
Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Window 64 bit
- Click on Start and go to Settings > Update & Security.
- In left pane select Recovery.
- Under Advanced Startup, click on Restart Now.
- Click on Troubleshoot and select Advance options.
- Click on Startup settings > Restart.
- It will restart to Startup Settings with various options.
- Press F7 or 7 to disable driver signature enforcement.
- Now you can install the driver.
- Repeat this procedure after installing MTK VCOM USB Driver on your computer.
Step to Install MTK VCOM Driver on Windows PC
- Extract the downloaded zip file using Winrar or Winzip.
- Right click on the start icon and open Device Manager.
- In Device Manager click on the first item.
- Click on Action > Add legacy hardware.
- On the Add Hardware Wizard window click on Next.
- Select “Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)” and click Next.
- Select Show All Devices and click Next.
- Now click on Have Disk and locate to the extracted folder.
- Select Windows 10 x64 MTK USB Drivers.inf for 64-bit Windows or select Windows 10 x86 MTK USB Drivers.inf for 32-bit Windows.
- After selecting click on OK. From the Model list select MTK USB Port and click Next.
- If a warning window pops up, click on Install the driver software anyway.
- This will install MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port, MTK DA USB VCOM Port, MTK USB Debug Port, MTK USB Modem Port, and MTK USB Port.
- Open Device Manager again and expand Ports (COM & LTP).
- Right click on MTK USB Port (COM3) and click Uninstall.
- In the Confirm Device Uninstall window uncheck “Delete the driver software for this device” and click OK.
That’s it, you have now installed MTK VCOM USB Drivers on your Windows PC. Now you can connect your MediaTek phone with your PC to transfer files, flash firmware, install recovery, and other modifications. Tools like SP flash tool can easily detect MediaTek smartphones if the VCOM USB Driver is installed.
Still any questions in mind? Let’s take a dig at the FAQ!
What is a VCOM Driver?
VCOM USB Drivers detect your MediaTek smartphone on Windows. The Driver allows users to flash Firmware on bricked phones and also allows modifications of MediaTek phones.
How to Install MTK VCOM Drivers on Windows 10?
First download the appropriate Driver from the given link. Transfer the downloaded Driver to your Windows PC and then Install it on your system. You can follow the step-by-step guide here.
Is VCOM Driver available for Windows 10?
Yes, you can download & Install the MediaTek USB VCOM drivers on Windows 10 (on both 32-bit & 64-bit).
What is the use of MTK VCOM USB Driver?
The MediaTek VCOM driver lets you transfer the files between phone and computer. You can easily share the media files with the help of MTK drivers.
Related to Drivers