MediaTek VCOM USB Driver is used to connect MediaTek Smartphones with Windows PC. The driver is needed for many tasks like installing firmware on a bricked device. Here you can Download MTK VCOM USB Drivers for Windows 10 with installation guide.
What are VCOM USB Drivers?
VCOM USB Drivers are specific USB Drivers to detect MediaTek phones on Windows based computers. The driver allows users to flash Firmware on bricked phones and also allows modifications of MediaTek phones. It helps windows PC to detect battery-less MediaTek device also.
So if you have a phone with MediaTek chipset then you should use MTK VCOM USB Driver on your PC for any type of modification.
Download VCOM USB Drivers
The driver is a very small size driver (in kb’s) yet very useful. Use the below link to download Windows 10 MTK VCOM USB Driver.
The VCOM USB Driver is for Windows 10 32 bit and Windows 10 64 bit operating system. After downloading the driver follow the given guide to install VCOM Driver on your PC. The installation process is different than common executable files. So it is recommended to follow the guide.
How to Install MTK VCOM USB Drivers on Windows 10
Check out the windows version (32 bit or 64 bit) in the system properties. And if you have Windows 10 64 bit then you have to first disable driver signature enforcement. No need to disable driver signature enforcement on Windows 10 32 bit.
Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Window 10 64 bit
- Click on Start and go to Settings > Update & Security.
- In left pane select Recovery.
- Under Advanced Startup, click on Restart Now.
- Click on Troubleshoot and select Advance options.
- Click on Startup settings > Restart.
- It will restart to Startup Settings with various options.
- Press F7 or 7 to disable driver signature enforcement.
- Now you can install the driver.
- Repeat this procedure after installing MTK VCOM USB Driver on your computer.
Install MTK VCOM USB Driver on Windows 10 32 & 64 bit
- Extract the downloaded zip file using Winrar or Winzip.
- Right click on the start icon and open Device Manager.
- In Device Manager click on the first item.
- Click on Action > Add legacy hardware.
- On the Add Hardware Wizard window click on Next.
- Select “Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)” and click Next.
- Select Show All Devices and click Next.
- Now click on Have Disk and locate to the extracted folder.
- Select Windows 10 x64 MTK USB Drivers.inf for 64-bit Windows or select Windows 10 x86 MTK USB Drivers.inf for 32-bit Windows.
- After selecting click on OK. From the Model list select MTK USB Port and click Next.
- If a warning window pops up, click on Install the driver software anyway.
- This will install MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port, MTK DA USB VCOM Port, MTK USB Debug Port, MTK USB Modem Port, and MTK USB Port.
- Open Device Manager again and expand Ports (COM & LTP).
- Right click on MTK USB Port (COM3) and click Uninstall.
- In the Confirm Device Uninstall window uncheck “Delete the driver software for this device” and click OK.
That’s it you have now installed MTK VCOM USB Drivers on your Windows 10. Now you can connect your MediaTek phone with PC for transferring files, flashing Firmware, installing recovery and other modification. Tools like SP flash tool can easily detect MediaTek smartphones if the VCOM USB Driver is installed.
Related to Drivers