Samsung S9 owners, here we have good news that finally Samsung has started rolling out stable Android 10 based OneUI 2.0 update. The update hits in the US and Germany region for those users who are using the stable Android 9 Pie. And users who already using the OneUI 2.0 beta haven’t received the stable update so they might have to wait a little bit. Here you can Download Samsung Galaxy S9 Android 10 based OneUI 2.0 update.
At the beginning of the year 2020, Samsung pushed the Android 10 update for Galaxy Note 9 and after successful beta testing the stable Android 10 update is available for Galaxy S9. If you are from the US or Germany then it is possible that you may have already received the update. It is a big update and it weighs around 1.7GB in size. For OneUI 2.0 beta testers the update size could be less than the update for stable Android Pie users. As per the timesheet for the Samsung phones receiving Android 10 update later this year, the Galaxy S9 Android 10 update will be extended to other regions as well.
Galaxy S9 Android 10 update brings all the OneUI 2.0 features along with Android 10 goodies. And this is going to be a performance-based update since it comes with a lot of major changes. The update size is 1767MB and it comes with the latest January 2020 security patch. The software version for the update is G965XXU7DTAA/G965FOXM7DTAA/G965XXU7DTA3 and it brings new UI and new features. You can go to the main Settings > Software Update and manually check for updates.
Download Android 10 for Samsung S9 [Firmware]
Samsung is rolling out Galaxy S9 Android 10 update in batches. And it can take time to hit the update to each device so in this case, you can wait for the update or you can manually update the phone. And luckily the Sammobile has already uploaded the Android 10 based Firmware for Galaxy S9. So if you want to experience the Android 10 on your device immediately then you can flash the firmware on your Galaxy S9. You can download the Android 10 firmware for Galaxy S9 by visiting the below link.
- Download Android 10 Update for Samsung S9 [G960U] – Download
- Download Android 10 Update for Samsung S9 [G960F] – Download
After downloading the Firmware you can flash it on your phone. Even if you are a beta tester, you can flash the Firmware and experience Android 10 right away.
- Take a full backup of your device to ensure no data loss
- Download the Odin Flash Tool on your phone
- Install Samsung USB Driver on your computer
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download the firmware on your PC from the download section
How to Install Samsung Galaxy S9 Android 10 Update [OneUI 2.0]
The file is the Galaxy S9 firmware and so any user can install it without error. But if you are already using the OneUI 2.0 beta then you might have to format all data from your phone. Once you have downloaded the Firmware you are good to install it on your phone. And if you are unaware of the procedure to install the Firmware then you can follow the below guide.
- Extract the downloaded Firmware and Odin tool zip file on your PC.
- Run the Odin.exe to open the Odin tool.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Turn off your Galaxy S9 and boot into Download Mode. And then connect it to your computer.
- In the Odin tool, click on AP and load the AP file from the extracted Firmware folder.
- Similarly load the BL, CP files on the respective tabs. And in the CSC tab load the Home_CSC file.
- Switch to the Options tab and untick the ‘Auto-Reboot’.
- Now click on the Start button and wait for the flashing process.
- When it will show the Done in the progress bar you can disconnect and restart your phone.
That’s all, now your Galaxy S9 running on the Android 10 based on OneUI 2.0. So enjoy the Android 10 and OneUI 2.0 features. If you are unable to flash the firmware on your device then let us know in the comment section below.