Are you waiting to update your Galaxy S9/S9+ to Android Pie stable update? If yes then the wait is over, Samsung starts rolling out the stable Android Pie update on S9 and S9 Plus. After successful beta testing, Samsung has released a stable update on S9 & S9+ featuring One UI and Android Pie. Both the stock Odin firmware & OTA zip are available to update the phone. So, Here’s the step by step detailed guide to Download Galaxy S9 Pie Stable Update with the installation process.
Samsung One – Details (Features)
Samsung’s new One UI comes with many great features and one of the best feature is that we can use phones with a single hand. In this mode the whole screen shifted to downside which makes easy to operate with one hand. And the interactive view with elements is now easy to use. It is must needed feature, as the size of phones is increasing day by day. It is complicated to use it with a single hand, in situations like traveling where it is difficult to use both hands at the same time.
The new One UI comes with the new icons, which are easy to understand for anyone. Samsung’s new UI is pretty smart, and it changes the theme color to the device color. You can also use night mode or dark mode to even the system apps, which helps you to save battery. One UI focused on enhancing the user experience & battery backup, the wallpapers are pretty simplistic texture and pleasant. It is based on Android 9.0 Pie. So, Let’s dive into the details to Android Pie update for S9 & S9 Plus, based on One UI.
Samsung One UI Android Pie update is available to both Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F) and S9 Plus (SM-G965F) users. The new firmware build numbers of S9 & S9+ are G960FXXU2CRLI and G965FXXU2CRLI. One UI stable update access is available to the users in the European regions & in Switzerland, Germany, UAE, and Italy. Some users of Galaxy S9 (Exynos Variant) have reportedly received the stable android pie update.
The OTA update package of size around 1.8GB & the Odin flash tool firmware (.TAR) is around 4.6GB. The new Android Pie update comes with some new features like adaptive brightness, digital wellbeing, swipe gestures, app actions and more, also, it patches with the latest December 2018 security patch. So, Here you can Download Android Pie stable for S9 & S9+.
Download Galaxy S9 & S9+ Pie Stable Update
The new Android Pie stable update on both the Galaxy S9 & S9+ has arrived via OTA (over-the-air) update. Samsung starts rolling out the update to the users one by one, so it might take time to reach to every smartphone. You will receive the notification on your phone, then you can update your phone via Settings. But, if you want to get the pie update just now then you can also update S9/S9+ to Android Pie Stable update via OTA ZIP.
So, Here are the files to Update Android Pie stable on S9 (G960FXXU2CRLI) & S9 Plus (G965FXXU2CRLI).
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Pie Stable Update OTA ZIP (Official Firmware link)
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ Pie Stable Update OTA ZIP (Official Firmware link)
Update S9 & S9 Pie Stable Update by OTA
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Scroll down and click on Software update.
- Head over to Download updates manually.
- Wait for the device to check updates.
- If any available click on install & update.
- After updating, click on restart your phone.
You May Also Like | How to Root Galaxy S9 & S9+
Update S9 & S9 Pie Stable Update by Sideload OTA
- At first, you need to Download the sideload OTA update accordingly for your phone from the given links.
- Now, Connect your phone to PC.
- Copy the OTA package in your phone’s internal/external storage.
- Now, Power off your smartphone.
- Boot into the bootloader mode, by pressing and holding Volume Up, Bixby, and Power button simultaneously.
- Under Recovery Mode, select “Apply Update from SD Card“.
- Select the One UI OTA update package.
- Tap on the Yes option for the confirmation.
- Select “Reboot System Now” option.
- Now, you can taste One UI on your S9 & S9+.
You May Also Like | How to Download Digital Wellbeing on Android Pie
That’s it for update S9 & S9+ to android pie stable one UI. You can also update your S9 & S9+ to android pie stable one UI update using Odin flash tool. If you have any queries or doubts, drop a comment down in the comment section.
Also, share the article with your friends.