In December last year, Samsung Galaxy S20 FE received its first major OS update in the form of One UI 3.0 based Android 11. But last month, the company introduced One UI 3.1 with the Galaxy S21 series.
Now the company has started pushing One UI 3.1 update for Galaxy S20 FE. The latest update comes with a slew of new features and improvements. Here you can check everything about Samsung Galaxy S20 FE One UI 3.1 Update.
After releasing the latest One UI 3.1 update for the Galaxy Tab S7 and Tab S7 Plus, Samsung brings it to the Galaxy S20 Fan Edition. The newer build goes official in a number of regions, the list includes – Baltic, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Nordic, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom. It will also be available in other regions in the coming days.
The Galaxy S20 FE receives the latest update with G781BXXU2CUB5 software version and it measures around 1.7GB of download size. The OTA may take some time to reach every region. As I said earlier, the newer build packs a list of new features.
Talking about the changes, then One UI 3.1 update for Galaxy S20 FE knocks up with a list of new features. The default camera app gets a new option, by which you can remove objects, it also brings improvements to image quality captured under low-light. The Galaxy S20 FE users can now extract date and address from event title from Calendar app, Gallery app gets a new view remastered picture feature. Other than that, Samsung bring improvements to Multi Window, Reminder, Share Sheet, and Social Platform.
Here you can check the complete changelog of Samsung Galaxy S20 FE One UI 3.1 Update.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE One UI 3.1 Update – Changelog
- Extract the date and address from the event title and recommend automatic registration.
- Receive notifications from SmartThings devices that also have specified schedule notifications.
- Camera function such as image quality improvement when zoomed in low light have been improved.
- View remastered picture feature has been added.
- Analyzes the image to find the optimum resolution, brightness, color and sharpness, and recommends optimized images.
- By dragging pop-up view screen to the edge of the screen, it is now possible to hide the window and keep playing.
- Extract the date and address from the reminder memo and recommend to register automatically, and remind important information by situation.
- Samsung Daily has been changed to Samsung Free service to provide an improved UI and differentiated functions according to content characteristics.
- It is now possible to protect your privacy by deleting the location information of previously taken photos before sharing or posting them on social media.
- Synchronize valid links created on devices with the same registered Samsung account.
- The use of social media services has been simplified. It is possible to share profiles, photos, notes, schedules, and more with friends simply by logging in to your Samsung account.
If you’ve received the update via OTA, then you can update your device by tapping on the update notification. In case you’ve not received the OTA yet, then you can manually check for updates simply go to Settings on your Galaxy S20 FE 5G. And then go to System > Software Update. It will show the available update that you can download and install on your phone.
You can also download the firmware for the Galaxy S20 FE phones manually once it is available on Samsung’s server, by following the below tips.
If you’re in a haste, then you update your device manually, using Frija tool, SamFirm tool, or SamMobile website. If you are using one of the tools then enter your model and country code and download the firmware. Once downloaded, you can flash the firmware using Odin Tool. Then flash the file to your device. If you want to do so, then I recommend you take a backup prior to diving into the process. That’s it.
Update 1: February 12th
Samsung has just pulled the One UI 3.1 update from its servers, which means you cannot update your phone via OTA or even by downloading firmware manually. At the moment, the company hasn’t shared a word on why they halt the update. There are some chances that, the latest OTA may have some bugs.
Update 2: February 19th
Samsung has again started pushing the OTA carrying One UI 3.1 to the Galaxy S20 Fan Edition. The updated patch is carrying the same build number and download size. If you’re waiting for this build, then you can sideload it through OTA. Samsung also released One UI 3.1 for Galaxy S20, Note 20, and Galaxy Z series phones.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy S20 FE [Snapdragon]
If you’ve any query, then leave it in the comment box below. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: