Samsung is regularly updating its devices and many Galaxy devices already received the stable One UI 3.0 update. And the news comes up that Galaxy Tab S7 and Galaxy Tab S7+ starts receiving the Android 11 update. The update arrives on both tablets with One UI 3.1. It is the first Galaxy device to receive One UI 3.1 update while other Galaxy phones are receiving Android 11 with One UI 3.0.
Both Galaxy Tab S7 and Tab S7+ were launched back in 2020 with Android 10 based One UI 2.5 out of the box. And this makes it the first major update for both tablets. It’s a surprise from Samsung as everyone was expecting the One UI 3.0 update.
The Android 11 based One UI 3.1 update is available for Galaxy Tab S7 LTE (SM-T875), Galaxy Tab S7+ LTE (SM-T975N), and Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G (SM-976N). The update is rolling out with build numbers T875NKOU1BUA8, T975NKOU1BUA8, and T976NKOU1BUA8 respectively. And currently, the update is available in South Korea, but soon it will roll out in other regions as well. Galaxy Tab S7 Android 11 update weighs over 2GB and it may vary for different models.
Android 11 update comes with some new features not as many stock Android phones as Galaxy devices run on custom One UI. Below you can find the changelog translated from Korean changelog.
Galaxy Tab S7 Android 11 Update – Changelog
- Privacy has been enhanced to be more secure, and improved to allow for a more balanced use of the digital wellbeing function on-device.
- We’ve improved the design so that we can focus more on sophisticated and stagnant design content, and feel visual comfort.
- The softer, more natural and the narrower response than before add to the joy of use, and the interface that responds to various screen sizes provides the best experience on different types of devices such as smartphones, foldable phones, and tablets.
- It provides seamless usability through platform optimization, such as faster app execution speed and behavior than improved performance, and improved memory allocation performance.
- By minimizing unnecessary app actions that occur in the background, system performance and power usage overall have also been constant.
- Add image categories for dynamic lock screen and select up to 5 categories at a time.
- Added widget that allows you to check mobile phone usage time on the lock screen.
- Support interactive preview function when setting wallpaper.
- Improved Samsung screen convenience store interface.
- Set the incoming and outgoing call screens to various contents such as videos.
- Samsung Internet’s tab lock and order can be changed: Various conditions and sermon methods have been added so that Bixby Routine can be used within what I want.
- Separate personal profile and work profile to use digital whirling Core functions that are used repeatedly, use 8 screens and hidden screens.
- You can add related widgets by long-pressing the app icon on the hop screen.
- Double-tap empty space on home screen to turn off screen and double-tap again to wake up.
- In addition, management functions have been added to make meetings with important people more enjoyable and meaningful.
Download Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Android 11 Update (One UI 3.1)
The Android 11 update for Galaxy Tab S7 and the other two models is rolling out over the air. And in South Korea users are already receiving the update. But in case if you are still waiting for the update then you can manually check for the update from Settings > Software Update. And once it shows the Android 11 update, tap on the Download and Install button to update your tablet.
In case if the update is not available on your device but wants to update to Android 11 immediately. Then you can flash the latest Android 11 firmware on Galaxy Tab S7 using the Odin flash tool. To get the latest Android 11 firmware, you can use Frija and SamFirm tools. You can also download the firmware for your region from Sammobile and other trusted websites. If you want to flash Android 11 firmware then I recommend you take a backup prior to diving into the process. That’s it.
You May Also Like – How to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ and Unlock Bootloader
If you’ve any query, then leave it in the comment box below. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: