The most awaited Android Update based on One UI for Samsung S8 is now available. Recently Samsung released Android Pie update for S8 in Germany. Here you will find step by step guide to download and manually install Samsung Galaxy S8 Android Pie Update. OTA updates are also available so you can download and install it manually.
Samsung starts rolling out one of the biggest updates for 2017 Galaxy S8/S8 Plus, yes the One UI based Android Pie 9.0 update is available for the S8 users. The update is currently available in Germany and soon will roll out in all regions. The beta testing has already done on the Galaxy S8/S8 Plus and now you can simply update your phone via OTA (over-the-air).
The update for Galaxy S8 has a build number of G950FXXU4DSBA and G955FXXU4DSBA for S8 Plus. The Samsung Galaxy S8 Android Pie update is around 1.6GB in size. And you can Download Android Pie for Samsung Galaxy S8 and manually install the OTA update. The update features a new user interface (One UI) based on Android 9.0 Pie and February 2019 security patch.
One UI is the replacement of Experience UI and it is already available on Flagship phones like S9/S9 Plus, Note 9, Note 8. One UI is the smooth custom UI featuring many new gestures and other changes. For better user experience One UI has a single-handed mode, where users can use gesture to bring usable screen downwards. This way user can easily use their phones with one hand. Other than single hand mode new icons are used in the One UI. Some new stock wallpapers are added in One UI. Check out the procedures to update your Samsung S8 and S8 Plus to Android Pie.
Download Galaxy S8 Android Pie (One UI) Firmware
The new Android Pie 9.0 update has arrived via OTA (over-the-air). It will take time to reach on every single user’s device. When you’ll get the notification on your phone, you can directly update your phone without manually installing or flashing the file from System Settings. So you can wait or either download the firmware file (G950FXXU4DSBA or G955FXXU4DSBA) to update your phone manually.
So, Here are the files to Update Android Pie stable on S8 (G950FXXU4DSBA or G955FXXU4DSBA):
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Pie Stable Update (OTA/Odin File)
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Pie Stable Update (OTA/Odin File)
OTA Update File for S8 Android Pie (G955F):
- Download Samsung One UI Beta 1 for G950F (CRL5 (Oreo) > ZSA5 (Pie Beta 1))
- Download Samsung One UI Beta 2 for G950F (ZSA5 > ZSAC (Beta 2))
- Download Samsung One UI Beta 3 for S8 (ZSAC > ZSAI (Beta 3))
- Download Samsung One UI Beta 4 for S8 (ZSAI > ZSB9 (Beta 4))
OTA Update File for S8 Plus Android Pie (G955F):
- Download Samsung One UI Beta 1 for G955F (CRL5 (Oreo) > ZSA5 (Pie Beta 1))
- Download Samsung One UI Beta 2 for G955F (ZSA5 > ZSAC (Beta 2))
- Download Samsung One UI Beta 3 for S8 Plus (ZSAC > ZSAI (Beta 3))
- Download Samsung One UI Beta 4 for S8 Plus (ZSAI > ZSB9 (Beta 4))
- Charge your phone’s battery to at least 50%
- Backup your data, in case of failures you can recover it.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC
- Download Odin Flash Tool [Latest]
How to Install Galaxy S8 Android Pie Stable Update by OTA
- Open Settings on your S8/S8 Plus.
- Scroll down and click on Software update.
- Head over to Download updates manually.
- Wait for the device to check updates.
- If any update available click on install & update.
- After updating, click on restart your phone.
See Also – Here’s a Step by Step Guide to Update S8 with Odin Flash Tool
How to Install Galaxy S8 Android Pie Stable Update by Sideload OTA
- First, you need to Download the sideload OTA update for your device from the given links in the download section.
- Now, Connect your phone to PC.
- Copy the downloaded OTA package in your phone’s internal/external storage.
- Now, completely Power off your device.
- Then boot into the bootloader mode, by pressing and holding Volume Up + Bixby + Power button simultaneously.
- Under Recovery Mode, select “Apply Update from SD Card“ using vol up & down button.
- Locate and Select the One UI OTA update package.
- Tap on the Yes option for the confirmation.
- Select “Reboot System Now” option.
You can also install the OTA using sideload ADB using a custom Recovery and a PC. After installing you would be able to use all the One UI features on your Samsung S8/S8 Plus. In Android Pie update you will see some new features like adaptive brightness, digital wellbeing, swipe gestures, app actions, system-wide dark mode and more.
You May Also Like – Download Samsung S8 Stock Wallpapers [4K]
So this was the detailed guide on installing Android Pie Update on Samsung S8/S8 Plus. If you’ve any query, drop your comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends using S8 or S8 Plus.