Want to root your Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro? If yes, then here you will know how to Root Redmi Note 7 Pro with TWRP & Magisk. This is a complete guide to install TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 7 Pro and install Magisk on Redmi Note 7 Pro.
Redmi Note 7 Pro is the latest phone of Redmi Note series. The phone features with many cool features including 48-megapixel camera sensor. And rooting the device will provide full control to users. And after rooting you can increase the performance of the phones with some tweaks. To root the phone Magisk is the best option which roots any phone seamlessly.
We already covered the guide to root Redmi Note 7 which is the base variant of Redmi Note 7 Pro. So if you own the Redmi Note 7 then check out the guide to root Redmi Note 7. For Redmi Note 7 Pro owners follow the below guide to Root your phone.
How to Root Redmi Note 7 Pro (Violet)
The method to root the phone requires TWRP and Magisk because this is the easiest way to root any Android phone. Also, it provides seamless root without any problem. Till now the official TWRP Recovery for Redmi Note 7 Pro is
not available but you can use unofficial build. Make sure to follow the prerequisite and download the required files before you begin the rooting process.
Enable USB Debugging on Redmi Note 7 Pro
First, you need to enable USB debugging on your phone so that the phone can take commands from the PC. Go through the following step if you don’t know how to enable it.
- First, open Settings on your phone.
- Now go to About Phone. And tap continuously on MIUI Version until it says “you are now a developer”.
- Again go back to Settings and now go to Additional Settings > Developer options.
- In Developer options, you will see many options. Look for USB Debugging and enable it. Also, check Mi unlock status which tells about the bootloader status.
- That’s it now you have enabled USB Debugging on Redmi Note 7 Pro.
Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 7 Pro
If you have completed the above steps then you are ready to install TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery on your phone. Check out the procedure to install TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 7 Pro, you can follow the same procedure to install another custom recovery.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC.
- Copy the TWRP image and paste in C:/adb (this location will be there if you have installed ADB & Fastboot drivers).
- Rename the twrp image file as twrp (eg. twrp-3.3.0-0-violet.img to twrp.img).
- Boot your phone into Fastboot mode (press & hold Vol Down+Power button together).
- Connect your phone to PC with USB.
- In adb folder, press Shift + Right Click together and click on “Open Powershell window here” or “Open Command window here”.
- Now enter the following command to install twrp recovery on Redmi Note 7 pro
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot boot twrp.img
- In TWRP first, go to Reboot and boot into Recovery.
- Now your phone will boot into TWRP Recovery. In TWRP recovery go to Reboot > System.
Root Redmi Note 7 Pro with Magisk
Once TWRP Recovery is installed on your Redmi Note 7 Pro, you can now root your phone with Magisk. Go through with following steps to root your Redmi note 7 Pro.
- Copy Magisk zip and APK to phone and remember the location.
- Completely turn off your phone.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery, to do that press & hold Vol Up + Power button together.
- In TWRP, go to Install and locate the Magisk Zip file.
- Tap on Magisk Zip and swipe the slider to install Magisk and root Redmi Note 7 Pro.
- Now go back to TWRP home and click on Reboot > System.
- Now you have the rooted Redmi note 7 pro. Install Magisk APK to manage root.
Now you have successfully rooted your Redmi note 7 pro and also you have installed TWRP recovery. You can now install Custom ROMs, custom Kernel using the custom recovery. If you haven’t bought the phone and looking for its specifications then check out the details below.
Redmi Note 7 Pro – Details
Redmi Note 7 features a 6.3-inch dot notch display. The display is an FHD+ with resolution 1080×2340 pixels. Out of the box the device comes with MIUI 10 (Xiaomi’s custom UI) based on Android Pie. It is powered with Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 processor with integrated with Adreno 612 GPU. The device comes in two RAM variant one with 4GB RAM & 64GB ROM and another one comes with 6GB RAM & 128GB ROM.
On the camera side, it has a dual rear camera setup of 48-megapixel sensor and 5-megapixel sensor with AI features. And on the front, it has a single 13-megapixel selfie camera with AI features. The device boasts with a massive 4000mAh battery.
So that’s all in the Redmi Note 7 Pro root guide. We have covered how to install TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 7 Pro and how to Root Redmi Note 7 Pro. I hope you found this guide helpful and if you have any queries regarding rooting or installing TWRP recovery then comment down below. We will reply as soon as possible with the solution.
Related to Root: