Galaxy Tab S4 is an impressive Android tablet from Samsung. It was launched last year in August and still, it is one of the best Android Tablet in 2019. If you have this tablet and looking for root guide then you are at right place. Here you will know how to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 and also how to install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Tab S4.
The official TWRP Recovery is now available for Tab S4 with MTP, OTG, and SD Card working. So now is a good time to root this device without a bootloop problem. After rooting the Tablet you will have full control on your device like system files, root folders. Since the official TWRP for Tab S4 is now available, you don’t have to worry about any bugs on it. It will work flawlessly on the device.
Related: How to Download Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 Android Pie One UI Stable Update
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
From the time the Magisk appears rooting any Android phone has become very easy. Some of the Galaxy Tab S4 users must have already rooted the device with unofficial custom Recovery and Magisk. But if you want the recovery without any bug then you have to install official TWRP Recovery. So let’s first know how to install TWRP recovery and then how to root the device.
- Odin Flash Tool
- TWRP Recovery for Tab S4
- Samsung USB Drivers
- WETA Custom Kernel (Pie)
- Forced Encryption Disabler
How to Install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
- Bootloader should be unlocked
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- 1xUSB & 1xPC
- Install Required USB Drivers
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Tab S4
- Extract the Odin zip file and open Odin.exe.
- Make sure that bootloader is unlocked on your device.
- Power off your Tab S4.
- Press & hold Vol Up + Vol Down + Power button together until you see the warning screen.
- In Warning page press Volume Up button to boot into Download mode/Bootloader mode in Tab S4.
- Connect the device to the PC with a USB cable. Odin tool will detect the device and will show ID:COM.
- In Odin, switch to the Options tab and untick the ‘Auto Reboot’ option.
- Click on AP tab and locate the downloaded TWRP.tar file.
- Click on the Start button to install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Tab S4.
- After installing reboot your device to TWRP Recovery using buttons (Press & hold Vol Up + Power button until you see TWRP icon).
- Follow more steps from the root section before reboot. Make sure not to reboot the device to the system or you will enter in bootloop.
How to Root Galaxy Tab S4
After installing the TWRP Recovery on your Tab S4, you can root your device very easily. The steps mentioned below are important if you have installed TWRP Recovery otherwise you may brick your device.
- After installing TWRP make sure to boot into TWRP Recovery before booting into the system.
- In TWRP Recovery, go to Install and flash Custom kernel (custom kernel with dm-verity disabled is important to flash). This step will root your Tab S4 if you have used a custom kernel with Magisk pre-patched.
- Again go to install and flash forced encryption disabler.
- Now go to Wipe section and format data.
- After format, go to Reboot > Recovery.
- Flash Magisk zip if you have not flashed Custom kernel which is Magisk pre-patched.
- Then boot into the System. Download and Install Magisk Manager on your phone and manage Root access.
That’s it this is how you can root Galaxy Tab S4. The TWRP for Tab S4 is working properly if you followed the same steps. So make sure to not skip any step.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 6.1 for Samsung Galaxy Phones [Latest APK]
If you get any error while installing the TWRP and rooting Galaxy Tab S4 then make sure to write in the comment section. We will reply with the solution.