OnePlus 7 Pro is the superior version of OnePlus 7, both the smartphones launched in May. It is a flagship smartphone from OnePlus with high-end specs. To maximize its performance and get control of system files you can root your phone. Here you will know how to root OnePlus 7 Pro with Magisk Patched Boot Image.
Magisk has always been the perfect method to root any Android Smartphone systemless. Magisk is always preferred because of its additional features like Magisk hide, Magisk Module and also the bigger development scope. As of now, there is no official TWRP Recovery available for OnePlus 7 Pro which makes rooting any phone much easier. But unofficial TWRP recovery is live and soon we are going to post a guide to install it. Let’s see how you can root your OnePlus 7 Pro with patched boot image.
How to Root OnePlus 7 Pro
Rooting OnePlus 7 Pro is very easy once you have the boot image patched with Magisk. But if you don’t have the Magisk patched image then you can directly install it without TWRP recovery to root your phone. Creating a patch file is simple but the extraction of firmware for OnePlus devices is slightly tougher. Below you will find the steps in two section first to create a patch file and second to root the phone. Make sure to first read all the prerequisites.
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Make sure to Unlock Bootloader
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download all the required files
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC
- Magisk Manager APK
- Magisk Patched Boot Image (OOS 9.5.3) [Thanks – acervenky]
- Magisk Patched Boot Image (OOS 9.5.4) [EU Version /1913]
- Magisk Patched Boot Image (OOS 9.5.4) [Global | Indian Version /1917 | 1911]
- Magisk Patched Boot Image (OOS 9.5.5) [EU Version /1913]
Steps to Create Magisk Patched Boot Image
If you are in OOS 9.5.3 or 9.5.4 then directly download the patched image from above link. So no need to follow this method to create a patch file.
- Download the stock OOS on which the phone is running (eg. if you are in OOS 9.5.5 then download the stock OOS 9.5.5).
- Extract the boot.img file from the stock OOS using payload.bin dumper.
- Copy the extracted boot.img file on your phone.
- Download & Install Magisk Manager APK on your phone.
- Open Magisk Manager App and click on Install > Install.
- In Select method choose “Select and Patch a File”.
- Locate the boot.img file and let the patch process finish.
- The Magisk patched boot image will be saved in Download folder.
After patching the boot image you can now follow the root method given below.
Steps to Root OnePlus 7 Pro with Magisk
- Copy the recently patched boot image to the computer (C:\adb).
- Completely turn off your phone.
- Reboot your phone in fastboot/bootloader mode.
- Connect your phone to PC with a USB cable.
- Go to location C:\adb and press Shift + Right click and select “Open Command window here” or “Open PowerShell window here”.
- Enter the below code to temporary boot into rooted system
fastboot boot patched_boot.img
- patched_boot is the name of patched image, so if your patched image has a different name then use that name instead of patched_boot
- The phone will boot into the rooted system (don’t disconnect the phone from PC).
- Open Magisk Manager on your phone, click on Install and select direct install.
- After installing the Magisk your OnePlus 7 Pro is rooted. Now you can reboot and disconnect from PC.
So this is an easy way to root OnePlus 7 Pro without TWRP Recovery. After rooting your phone you will have the full access to your device software and its files. You can modify the system like installing Custom ROMs, Custom Recoveries and other files. You can also take a full backup of all Apps including the data using Titanium Backup.
You May Also Like | How to Install OnePlus 7 & 7 Pro Android Q Update [Oxygen OS Beta]
While rooting your OnePlus 7 Pro if any error appears then let us know in the comment section. We will reply with the solution for the error. If you have successfully rooted your phone then enjoy.