Finally, OnePlus has started rolling out the Oxygen OS 9.0.2 based Android Pie 9.0 stable update for OnePlus 3 and 3T. Both the phones were launched in 2016 running on the Android Marshmallow 6.0.1. As the company has already promised about the Pie Update release, now they start rolling out the stable Pie. The update brings a lot of improvements with some new features, it also brings the April 2019 security patch. And here’s the step by step manual guide to download & update OnePlus 3 and 3T Android Pie.
Last month, OnePlus released the Oxygen OS based closed beta for both the OnePlus 3 & 3T. The closed beta also works fine on both the phones, now the company finally release the stable update. If you’ve missed the beta update, now you can taste the official Pie on your smartphone. This is an OTA (over-the-air) update, which takes some time to reach every user. The firmware is also available for download, which helps you to manually update your OnePlus 3 and 3T to Android Pie 9.0.
As this is an Oxygen OS 9.0.2 based Android Pie update, you can access all the features like Android Pie 9.0 features like Digital Wellbeing, Adaptive brightness, Adaptive battery, new Google Camera and more. The firmware for the update is size around 1.58GB and it comes with some new features as well, we’ll list them below. And then, you can download the firmware and then follow the installation process. Let’s take a look at the new Oxygen OS 9.0 specific features.
- Updated system to Android™ 9 Pie™
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.4
- Do Not Disturb mode
- You can now customize the time range in the new Do Not Disturb mode
- New Gaming mode 3.0
- Supported displaying text content of the heads up notifications
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
- Dialer now supports Google Duo
- Supports Google Lens to provide you with powerful image recognition experience
- General bug fixes and improvements
Download OnePlus 3 and 3T Android Pie Stable Update
You’ll receive the update on your phone via OTA (over-the-air), but sometimes OTAs will take time to reach to every user. So, you can download the firmware from the below link and update your OnePlus 3 or 3T using local upgrade method. There’s no need to download the recovery ROM or flash. You can simply follow the steps listed below.
- Download OnePlus 3 Android Pie Stable Update (Firmware Link)
- Download OnePlus 3T Android Pie Stable Update (Firmware Link)
- Download the required firmware from the above link
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Take a full backup before you begin the process (The method will erase all the data)
How to Install OnePlus 3 and 3T Android Pie Stable Update
- Transfer or copy the downloaded package to the Phone memory outside of all folder.
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Go to System > System Updates. Click three dots on the top right and select Local Upgrade. Locate the package and select it.
- Click on Upgrade and wait for the completion.
- After the update click on Restart.
- Now phone will boot into Recovery Mode and format all users data. And then it will automatically reboot into system.
- Setup your device and enjoy Android Pie Update on OnePlus 3 & 3T.
After rebooting the phone, you can start using the Oxygen OS 9.0.2 based Android Pie update on OnePlus 3 and 3T. That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download OnePlus 7 Pro Wallpapers
If you’ve any doubt regarding the pie update for OnePlus 3 & 3T. Drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this post on social media with your friends!
More Related Articles:
- How to Enable Dark Mode on any Android
- How to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 7 Pro
- Download Google Camera 6.1 for any Android