OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro are the latest flagship counter devices that bring top-notch specifications under a budget price. Not only the hardware but software is also a reason which makes it a competitor of other flagship phones. And another great thing is the OnePlus 8 series already started getting custom ROMs. And Paranoid Android is the latest custom ROM which now supports OnePlus 8 & OnePlus 8 Pro. Here you get to download Paranoid Android ROM for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro.
Paranoid ROM came up from the dead and since the starting 2020, the popular custom ROM took its place. The ROM has recently released the Quartz 3 update to its supported phones. The latest update brings a lot of new features that can boost your device performance. OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro are not even available in open sale till now and we already receiving custom ROMs. And this is one of the reasons for the OnePlus popularity.
Unlocking bootloader and rooting are so easy on OnePlus phones and availability of Custom ROMs makes it completely custom development friendly. It means even if OnePlus drops the update support then also we can use custom ROMs to experience the latest Android versions. But here we will focus on the latest Android 10 based Paranoid Android custom ROM.
OnePlus 8 & OnePlus 8 Pro Paranoid Android Custom ROM
The OnePlus 8 Pro has been in the display quality controversy in past months but still, it performs better than other phones. And Paranoid ROM will be the lucky addition on the OnePlus 8 series. Currently, the Paranoid Android ROM for OnePlus 8 is in beta build but soon developers will release the stable build.
It is an AOSP based custom ROM that gives you Stock Android experience. Oxygen OS also comes with the same experience but using a custom ROM allows a lot of modification and functions. So if you like to modify your phone or you want to try a different UI then Paranoid Android custom ROM is a great choice.
Download Paranoid Android ROM for OnePlus 8 & OnePlus 8 Pro
The ROM is currently not available on the Paranoid official page but it will soon available so if you are reading this after few months of publishing the article, then make sure to check the official site for the latest release. Developers have released the beta version as a part of testing and work great. So if you want to try it then you can download the ROM using the below links.
After downloading the ROM for your device you can flash it on your phone without any issue. You can also follow the below guide if you are new in flashing or installing custom ROMs. But before that go through below prerequisite list.
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Download the correct Paranoid Android ROM for your phone
- Bootloader must be unlocked (Follow this guide)
- Install ADB & fastboot driver on your computer
- Make sure you are on OxegenOS 10.5.9 or newer version
How to Install Paranoid Android ROM on OnePlus 8 & OnePlus 8 Pro
- Copy the downloaded Paranoid ROM to your computer.
- Extract the ROM and copy its files to C:\adb folder.
- Power off your phone and boot into Fastboot mode.
- Now connect your phone to your PC.
- Go to C:\adb and replace the file path with cmd and press enter to open the command window.
- Now you can flash Paranoid ROM images to your phone one by one. If you are coming from another OS then format data using below command. And if not then skip the first command.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash product product.img
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
- The phone will reboot into the system, set up your phone, and enjoy it.
The Paranoid ROM for OnePlus 8 series does not require a custom recovery to install the ROM. So you can use the fastboot commands as mentioned above. It is one of the easiest methods to flash any custom ROM. It will give you a lot of new and different features that are different than the Oxygen OS.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 7.3 for OnePlus 8 & 8 Pro
So there you have it the complete guide on how to get paranoid Android ROM on OnePlus 8 (Pro) phones. And if you have any questions then let us know in the comment section.
- How to Unbrick OnePlus 8 Pro with Unbrick Tool [MSMDownloadTool]
- Download OnePlus 8 (Pro) Android 11 Beta Update [with Installation Process]
- How to Enable 960fps Slow Motion on OnePlus 7 Pro (Stock Camera)